Locking guns behind random loot boxes:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Yes, I happened to get the gun I wanted on my 3rd crate and beyond complaining about how obviously bad this is for Gambling addicts there is something else that concerns me, governments around the world have started noticing loot boxes since there were gameplay advantages you got out of random loot boxes in Battlefront 2 and continuing the same practice might make governments start sticking their fingers into video games and the only thing greedier than Activision or EA is the government, next thing you know they start taxing you for every hour you play video games.

BR0NY2
2 REPLIES 2

It’s not far fetched. Some governments have already started to do this with stuff like frequent flyer points if the tickets are paid by your employer.

But you would need to come up with a fair value for it. It would be more along the lines of adding extra tax on in game currency’s like CoD points. 

But just to show that it isn’t far fetched, years ago you had some online communities like Second Life where in game items were transferable and people started selling those with real currency. So people could make a daily job out of selling these items and governments started catching up on that as well.

BertKK
Highlighted

I was referring to Chicogo's ridiculous amusement tax on video games 

BR0NY2

Studios