Fix your ranking and matchmaking

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

This is ridiculous, I'm trying to enjoy this *****ing game and the same thing happens that always happens, because you don't properly support your content.

People need to be matched according to skill, you need to put people on it, and you Need to stop just ignoring your customers.

Both in matchmaking and league.

Also you need to be monitoring people using aim bots, mods, and other nonsense.I just want to be able to get on and enjoy the game without being lobbied with 11 people who are well out of my skill league every time.Nobody enjoys getting on a game they get crushed on EVERY SINGLE TIME.I'm ok at the game, but come on when you've got retards that do nothing but feed, it makes for a miserable time.

RADDA
12 REPLIES 12

When they openly had skill based matchmaking in AW, there were 4 times as many complaints as there are people asking for it when they don't use it.

Did any people beat you fair and square?

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

And then again how will they determine skill?

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

You not wrong. This game has so many issues its already going down in history as the worst cod.

WTfbruh69

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the OP is most likely going up against a stacked 4 or 5 man party, which will always give the illusion that the matchmaking is busted. We could argue that the parameters that are in place to establish parties are a tad loose, but that's a different story.

When a 5 man party is in the lobby, and unless you're partied up as well, it's going to feel like matchmaking sucks. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I don't understand what you mean by "the parameters that are in place to establish parties are a tad loose".  Other than wanting to play together, what parameters should be required?  Distance from each other definitely shouldn't be one, a primary attraction of gaming is the ability to play with people from far away that you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

But yes, the presence of a 4-5 person party basically invalidates any efforts at team balancing by establishing most of one team.  Parties are still made of players and have the same range of skill.  Just playing together isn't indicative of being really good.

Q39ESM Level 75

🤷🏻‍♂️

Parties should be paired with parties as best as can be

even if its 4v5 or 2v5

if its no teams

it should be k/d based. And 

low/high/low/high/low

and same on other team

not “HIGH HIGH LOW HIGH”

then next game vice versa 

and yes bo4 his more teaming than i have ever seen

OR 

any decent player with a decent ekia. Get screwed in lobbies

hackerprolvl2

K/D isn't the best measure of skill, nor is any one stat like SPM etc.  Stats gained in one mode are not indicative of skill in a different mode (at the things that lead to winning that mode).

You're looking at two different processes, matchmaking which should be based on connection, and team balancing once a lobby is formed.  Putting anything before connection in matchmaking makes things worse for everyone.  If a 4 or 5 person party is in the lobby, the already hard process of team balancing is basically impossible, but that doesn't mean the party automatically wins.  They're still just players with the same range of skill levels as everyone else.

Making it team vs team only even if it's 2v5 is just dumb.  Punishing people for playing a game as a team that's won based on team goals is a bad idea.

Q39ESM Level 75

Sorry I never got back to this post last night.

What I was referring to was the way a player can be put on a server that normal matchmaking would never place them on if not for the fact the party gets placed on whatever server is best for the host of the party. My initial post, the one I deleted because it posted prematurely, contained a bunch of anecdotal evidendence that, ultimately, can not be proven. So, I just left that part out. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75
My own anecdotal experience backs up the same things, but I'm not sure there's any way around it. If friends from different places or even from the same place with different internet capabilities want to play together, it's inevitable.
Q39ESM Level 75

Studios