Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I really hope the crossplay in MW 2019 is the key for a better online experience in the future in CoD. I just cant play this game anymore. Its not the game itself i dont like, its all the network and ping stuff. 

Wheater its Blackout or normal mp.....there are plenty of games were i get thrown in games with a ping of 120 - 150. Almost unplayable, bullets registering too late or disappear. Just a waste of time.

I am from Germany and have a pretty fast internet connection and this is just not aceptable. 

I think there are 2 reasons for this: 

1. Treyarch just suck (I always thought they know what they are doing and they are one of the better developers), or

2. The community is split up too much to find better lobbys sometimes. (Season Pass, 4 or 5 different Blackout modes, several different mp modes, zombies)

With crossplay in future CoD games, it could be a lot better connection wise for the console gamers, cause the player pool is about 2x as big. At least i hope so. 

fupsen
7 REPLIES 7

I thought the other day if there is cross platform play what happens to the exclusivity deal with PS? Thats a lot of revenue to lose and we know how acti like their profits!

I can't see the lag getting better as there would be 2 networks communicating and therefore I assume more delay but if PSN is supported by MS as there are rumours of maybe they can counter that. Maybe it will only be custom games and zombies that are cross platform until they release info its pure guessing

Eijit88

IF the new MW has a Multiplayer crossplay between xbox and ps4, i dont think it has anything to do with sonys exclusive deal. 

Let PS players play new maps 1 week earlier. Not a problem i think.

fupsen

@Eijit88 wrote:

I can't see the lag getting better as there would be 2 networks communicating

I wonder how the lag will be when people from different location make a party on both console?People get connected to server that aren't in their region too...

VonCarsteins

I wonder how bad this will suck when I get thrown into a PC hacked, aimbotting, god-mode using pile of crap hosted lobby.

I really hope they have thought this through, but, the past predicates the future, and the past hasn't been very good. PC version is nearly always hacked within a couple of days, at most, of the game being released, and is the #1 reason people do not play CoD on PC anymore. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

They will never ever mix console and pc players in Multiplayer. No one at IW or Activision could be that dump. 

fupsen

@fupsen wrote:

Activision could be that dump. 

They are that dumb seriously so i wouldn't be surprise,just look at bo4.They lost the touch with gamers years ago.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but with them,you never know how stuff will go.

The reason why i think it's a valid concern is of course money,player base on pc is dieing each years.Doing crossplatform for pc,ps4 and xbox would boost the sales for the pc version.It's always about money first.

VonCarsteins
Highlighted

For regions with low player numbers it would be good. (Bigger pool of players to fill lobby's)

But I think overall it's gonna get worse.

More lag.

Game not performing the same if different console's. Enough cods had console pecific problems.

Pc equals hacks/mods

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios