CAN YOU FINALLY FIX MATCHMAKING! GAME IS UNPLAYABLE! of course they wont let me post pictures

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Re: CAN YOU FINALLY FIX MATCHMAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

in reply to TheGLORY

Stop showing off, I only watched the adverts on Tele...

I got when all.....

BettySwollax

in reply to BettySwollax
Eh my german is extremely broken and something I still need to look up the proper translations for haha.

I won't let anyone know where you got that from though (I don't think it runs in the states at least that I've seen with it in German)
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

in reply to Im_Old_School

@Im_Old_School wrote:

How many guys does it take to derail a matchmaking thread?

Two guys from Germany, A guy that used to live in Germany and a guy who's had family stationed in Germany start talking about who lives in Germany, who used to live in Germany and who used to have family stationed in Germany

Now that's entertainment!!

I'm not a German. I'm their neighbour.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

Ok, 3...and a neighbor.

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Im_Old_School Level 75

in reply to the8ight

Did you make sure your internet has the proper speeds to support the online gameplay

Abizzle
aeb99
Highlighted

in reply to aeb99

@aeb99 wrote:

Did you make sure your internet has the proper speeds to support the online gameplay

A 100/50 or a 200/200 connection doesn't make a difference when you get into matches with people with a 5/1 connection

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

And you NAT type?

Abizzle
aeb99

in reply to aeb99
The biggest issue realistically is the LACK of actual server hubs for players to connect with.

Dedicated servers themselves don't improve someones poor connection they are simply there to host the game itself without having to let one of players in the lobby do it as well allowing for players to leave without shutting down the whole server like P2P connections did before (Granted I felt P2P was more effective as long as the host of the lobby was solid or switched to the better host pretty quickly in game)

These days when you have so few servers across large areas connections will be iffy.
I have a 90/7 connection but if I were to magically connect to one of the 2 west coast server hubs that there are (Nor cal and So cal) and I was up against players with 10/2 connections they're information would hit the server before mine would and they'd still have the advantage.
Now the other issue is that advantage can so microscopic that you don't actually feel it like you would noticeable lag but in the actual game there is a latency gap between you and the other player and it has consequences.

If i happen to play with UK friends no matter my internet speeds I will have a delay to their servers, and with the lack of servers across the world many many people are getting even the slightest bit of latency problems and they may not even notice it.

Now the kicker is if you have a really bad connection in a lobby where everyone is connected to a reasonable server location wise (the best it can do) you're still going to suffer. Bad Connections will always be bad, Good connections will give some slack within a certain distance to a server and skill still comes into play but it's a rarity.
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

in reply to aeb99

@aeb99 wrote:

And you NAT type?

I had open NAT in ww2.

Doesn't matter if you get matched up with people from Russia, East Europea and south Europa. Being from the Nederlands west Europa

SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to the8ight

@the8ight wrote:

I am literally 8 games of 10 i am in a team with ppl in between 1-55 lvl vs full team of master prestige...

6-1/2 days played and I've not once run into a FULL TEAM of Master Prestige players.  How is that possible?  How is it possible that in 1,550 games played, I have not see anything like this (not even a team of 2-3 or 3-4 Master Prestige) but you report that LITERALLY 80% of the games YOU play are you and a bunch of below 1st prestige against these kind of teams?  I think in those 1,550 games played I've seen less than 25 Master Prestige players, the highest level of which was about 125 and I don't recall any of them being on the same team. 

Unless it really isn't happening to you the way you describe.  Maybe you're just overexaggerating your experience to make your point sound more frighteningly factual and lend greater credibility to your !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! filled rant.  That might be why I haven't seen it. 

Because it really doesn't exist...

I'm not saying the matchmaking is good, bad or indiffernent or that I do or don't like it.  I would question however anyone's described experience with it being akin to a Bigfoot or Lochness Monster sighting as compared to other's experiences with it being more of an odd shaped Bear or 80 pound Catfish sighting.

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Im_Old_School Level 75

Studios