Ballistics knife op wtf treyarch

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Pretty well worded man, but if you say Black Ops 1 Famas, don't forget to put the Aug in that category if you're going that route. Exact same stats, but less recoil. Just unlocked later.
BonFire5
Oh I remember the Aug

But I still think the Famas at least for me was just a tiny bit better.
I abused the Famas when I felt like ruining lobbies so the Aug didn't really do much against me.

But yes that's up there for sure but they didn't do much "balancing" with the Aug which is why I tend to leave it out of the conversation as only people who liked using a variety seemingly used it. Famas you could never run Scavenger and constantly refill ammo the Aug wasn't as plentiful
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

@TheGLORY wrote:
Nothing about it is OP.

It falls into this category.
(Ignoring it's a loot box weapon)

It's a one hit kill weapon. Most players dislike being killed by OHK Weapons which is understandable. However there are these weird morals,at least when it comes to the people who actually voice opinions on the internet.

Shotguns being 1 hit kills...absolutely horrible to them and it's completely unfair
-Reason being most people aren't good with shotguns and it's not a "guaranteed" OHK especially these days so they don't like potentially dying from a hit marker when they always die to it one shot.

Ballistic Knife has and always will be one shot there's not real counter to it and the only way you don't die to it is if the person shooting it at you misses,but the ammo limitations for it is it's counter.

Then you get Snipers
Snipers for those people seem to be completely ok because that's their usual go to, they've determined that being able to one around quickscoping and abusing a game mechanic (as devs have called it) to be a "skill"...which most are bad at, but if they get a kill it has nothing to do with the weapon being used far outside it's intended range and they ignore that it's almost a 100% guaranteed 1 Shot Kill from anywhere on the map when it requires minimum 3 shots to kill them or upwards of 8 depending on the weapon.

The term "OP" is so obnoxiously thrown around about anything that kills an individual while they aren't good with it.
Calling most things after MW3 OP just shows how little COD was actually played by the individual because when I think OP I Think MW Series (most weapons) and the BO1 Famas especially compared to anything from recent times.

Agree with most of your post. 

But OP has been around as long as there has been an MP shooter. People whinged about the M16 in COD4 (can’t say MW anymore). Anyone remember the AK74u with a noob tube?

But I’ve been an HC player since COD4. OHK defines HC. So you don’t see QS at all. The gimicky crap like throwing knives and ballistic knives aren’t used much because you don’t have the magic reticule in the center of your screen. Without it... those weapons are a pain to use... almost to the point of being a deathwish. 

I have not come across a single person using it in HC KC. Not to say I won’t... but I doubt it.  It once you get used to the fact that everything in HC is OHK... the being annoyed by getting killed by any one thing kinda goes away. 

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Oh i know the term OP has been around for ages.

But it's meaning has changed from legit OP and nothing stood a chance the majority of the time (m16)
To "it killed or it's used often" as being "OP"

People consider overuse to be the same thing these days and that's what irritates because I know what OP weapons actually look like. If I can choose a weapon from a past game that would make any of the new "OP" weapons look useless the new ones definitely are not OP.

MW3 MP7 would melt absolutely anything in this current game.
Type 95 stand a good chance same with the M16. The Famas/Aug from BO1 they'd be top tier.
ACR/SCAR/UMP45 next level BO4.

There hasn't been a truly OP weapon in a long time

TheGLORY

@TheGLORY wrote:

Oh i know the term OP has been around for ages.

But it's meaning has changed from legit OP and nothing stood a chance the majority of the time (m16)
To "it killed or it's used often" as being "OP"

People consider overuse to be the same thing these days and that's what irritates because I know what OP weapons actually look like. If I can choose a weapon from a past game that would make any of the new "OP" weapons look useless the new ones definitely are not OP.

MW3 MP7 would melt absolutely anything in this current game.
Type 95 stand a good chance same with the M16. The Famas/Aug from BO1 they'd be top tier.
ACR/SCAR/UMP45 next level BO4.

There hasn't been a truly OP weapon in a long time

There are no OP weapons. Only OP players. 

Loved the MP7, BTW. it was my first unlock beforei it became so loathed... and I kept using it anyway. 

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
I whored it out (other weapons were good) but I just loved it.

I morally had decided not to use the Type 95 because it was so loathed for the longest time but because there were other really good weapons. I'm willing to make those moral choices of not using something if the game actually provides a surplus of viable weapon choices. (MW2/MW3 to me had the best weapon balance because 95% of the weapons viable and you could get consistent good games with them) Now sure occassionally you MIGHT have to switch to the "top tier" weapon if you run into a party who seemingly knew what they were doing but it wasn't mandatory like a lot of games (mostly 3arc games)

I also whored out the BO1 Famas because I didn't care back in the day. I enjoyed doing well. The Famas was a great weapon and I had no interest in using anything but like 3 weapons because I didn't do challenges so best believe I'm using the best thing and making you rage haha
TheGLORY
I think, at least from the videos I've seen and how fast I've been killed by it, when you have the gas powered mod on, it basically is hit scan, when it was a projectile in the previous games. So it was much easier to shank a shot before.
BonFire5

Studios