An Objective Discussion on the Blackout Pass for Bo4:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

@FalconR6 wrote:

My take on the Black Ops Pass:   

It is of no less value than previous Season Passes which have been a staple for COD.  Granted, it seems more content for zombies, and 4 fewer MP maps.... as described.   I have no idea what the furture holds for the Black Ops Pass regards Blackout, and perhaps what value is given after the 1 year cycle.

IF the future DLC maps/content was given for free ( not a 50$ pass --> whelp, there's an income stream vanished).   To make this up, Activision would need to gain an ADDITIONAL 50$ in microDLC sales for every Season Pass not sold..... I would think that's highlty optimistic.  (I could be wrong)

Why does activions need to make up the 50 bucks for if they will make the dlcs free?

They already make a profit with the game itself. (And with the special editions)

And they earn a buttload with selling drops.

This way they're milking the cash cow empty.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@dtuchpunk wrote:

@FalconR6 wrote:

It is of no less value than previous Season Passes which have been a staple for COD.  Granted, it seems more content for zombies, and 4 fewer MP maps.... as described.   I have no idea what the furture holds for the Black Ops Pass regards Blackout, and perhaps what value is given after the 1 year cycle.

IF the future DLC maps/content was given for free ( not a 50$ pass --> whelp, there's an income stream vanished).   To make this up, Activision would need to gain an ADDITIONAL 50$ in microDLC sales for every Season Pass not sold..... I would think that's highlty optimistic.  (I could be wrong)

Why does activions need to make up the 50 bucks for if they will make the dlcs free?

They already make a profit with the game itself. (And with the special editions)

They don't, it is greed 100%. The amount of money they would make off of cosmetic micro-transactions alone would give them a ridiculous profit. Quite possibly more of a profit since their game would perform better the whole year and would not lose players like me, do to fragmentation, based solely on how poorly the game performs after the first DLC drop but in this case, on day #1. It would also make the game more appealing for more players due to a better value. Personally I think they are trying to make the money on the front end vs depending on micro-transactions that would require them to keep fans happy throughout the year to keep the numbers up but still intend on micro-transaction spam.

MurkBeserk Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@dtuchpunk wrote:

@FalconR6 wrote:

They don't, it is greed 100%. The amount of money they would make off of cosmetic micro-transactions alone would give them a ridiculous profit. Quite possibly more of a profit since their game would perform better the whole year and would not lose players like me, do to fragmentation, based solely on how poorly the game performs after the first DLC drop but in this case, on day #1. It would also make the game more appealing for more players due to a better value. Personally I think they are trying to make the money on the front end vs depending on micro-transactions that would require them to keep fans happy throughout the year to keep the numbers up but still intend on micro-transaction spam.

Not to mention Activision-Blizzard made more money last year in microtransactions than EA made in total. They are not hurting for money and can afford to update their business model. 

Volt615

With no single player game, the cost of producing/developing this CoD game will be much less than WW2. The business model has failed at least on PC for the last four CoD games. Most of the maps are next to impossible to find game in unless you are playing the basic vanilla maps. In fact, I purchased the MW Remastered map packs and never got to play one of them. It seems with each CoD game released I play less and less. Activision needs to include DLC with the base price of the game like Overwatch, Titanfall, and BFV. DLC devides the community making a small group even smaller. Raise the price of the game to $89 and include everything other than bonus cosmetics and perhaps in store currency. It will make them more money overall while keeping the community together for quicker matches in content everyone can play.

Volt615

Studios