Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I smell another EA situation bubbling up. You can only rip people off so much before we all finally voice back. Take heed, CEO’s. Chasing trends for a quick buck and putting things behind an impossible RNG system to try and get people to spend money is a thing of the past. The money scams are coming to an end. I highly suggest you take a look at how Ubisoft has changed their direction, hell, even EA. 

NxtP
7 REPLIES 7

Atleast we are getting new zombie maps. If we get a tranzit map remake in Black ops 4 then I really don't mind buying the season pass. In the end nothing changes.

tacklesselm2565

Yes. So far the Zombies players are making out with the Pass.... pretty much the same as years past as well.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

You're not making out really.. You're just getting screwed the same as always.

gotsomestars Level 75

Personally, I am primarily buying BO4 for zombies. I have little to no interest in the battle royal mode.  Likewise, there are some design decisions that they made in the multiplayer I really disagree with.  I have a feeling we are going to have something happen like COD WW2.  Some idiot up in the higher part of Activision thinks COD needs to be a Destiny/Overwatch hybrid. They tried that with COD WW2 and it didn't work. The good news is that Treyarc is going with pick 10.  So, they will probably have to shift to 6v6 and rebalance the TTK on all the guns in the game when it fails. But, at least it won't take them 6 months to overhaul the multiplayer this time around.  

After the rebalance we all know is coming. If there multiplayer is good and their supply drop system is in line with WW2 or IW. Then I will probably give them some money.  But, if they just copy and paste BO3's drop system or the multiplayer sucks. Then they are getting exactly $100 from me next year. 

darkrangeresp1

@gotsomestars wrote:

You're not making out really.. You're just getting screwed the same as always.

I don't feel that way at all.

What I'm really saying is, players that enjoy zombies get much more for their money then players that buy the game and season pass and only play multi. Especially this year with 4 maps from launch, then 4 more over the year.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

That's true. They just should have been smarter about it. And I guess I'm looking more long term and big picture.  Sure zombies players who pay extra get more content this year. But at what cost to the game and community in general.  How many millions of players is the pass going to push away. This system might have worked last year. But the market has shifted significantly since then. Every single one of bo4 biggest competitors are offering far more content within the 60$ cost of the game. So how many short term and long term players lost is one year of "extra" zombies content worth? What good is that content if there's no one playing the game anymore. 

Cod has been losing players for years. And unless something changes with the pass, that loss will be exponentially higher this year.  The pushback is real. Every major gaming site that I watch has released at least one article about how fans are upset. And even the suck up Reddit forum is carrying pitchforks. 

Their best strategy going forward would be to drop all multi content from the pass and give it to the players. And make ***** sure that anything in supply drops is 100% cosmetic. Anything less than that is going to be a ton of lost players and lost revenue.

I want cod to be around for a long time. And unless they change their model to be competitive in this market, that's NOT going to happen.

gotsomestars Level 75
Highlighted

What they are offering us for the same price options we have had for years:

* No Single Player;

* Paid DLC once again to divide the community;

* A battleroyal mode... Why?

Think about it. Less money to produce and develope without the single player game while charging the same price for the game packages that offer us less content. 

Volt615

Studios