Activision Only Cares About Money

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Hey everyone, I wanted to know your thoughts on the latest Season Pass dilemma. I think it's a total joke that they have continued to screw fans over and not follow the model of other games like Battlefield V and Rainbox Six Seige and give the players DLC for free, but add cosmetic items. Instead they have opted to add cosmetic items and do the season pass. In my mind it should be all or the other. I made a video on this topic because I felt really strongly about it if anyone cares to check it out. I just don't know what it is going to take for this company to finally put the fans first and stop screwing us. The extra four DLC maps for PS4 only on BO3 was also a huge slap in the face. Lmk what you all think and thanks for reading!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDFjY87UA0&t=2s

- Zahrio

Zahrio
9 REPLIES 9

I always find this complaint comical. 

Remind me which video game producer was not for profit and provided a top notch game for free?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Fortnite battle royale 

gotsomestars Level 75

@gotsomestars wrote:

Fortnite battle royale 

you think they are not interested in Money?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

@Izjar11 wrote:

@gotsomestars wrote:

Fortnite battle royale 

you think they are not interested in Money?

Sure they are, just not at the expense of the player experience. The take away from the ploar opposites of these devs is we are finally seeing the emergence of a competitor(s) that is/are basically forcing other game devs to change including the top dogs who were nearly a monopoly in the genre do to deep pockets. No longer is FPS ruled by two devs that followed the same system. BF has taken notice and adjusted, COD however is still sticking to thier greedy little practices and I hope it bites them in the ass this year. 

The COD franchise is no longer the leader of innovation, they are followers, and slow ones at that. They are showing their cockiness but aren't really backing it up with anything outside the same copy and paste BS, at least nothing that we have seen outside of the typical and usual hype but that is all they ahve been about and this year, so far, doesn't seem to be much different. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

@Izjar11 wrote:

I always find this complaint comical. 

Remind me which video game producer was not for profit and provided a top notch game for free?

World of tanks.

Yes you can spend money. But even without spending money it's a good game. Grinding only takes longer. Playing it for 4 or 5 years now and still enjoy it

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

You have a good point Treyarch does however notice that BO3 had issues with buying supply drops and people were spending tons of money trying to get new DLC weapons in BO3 and they wanted to fix that, apparently they're going to release free DLC MP maps to keep people playing the game because after buying the maps players get tired of them and stop playing.

Don2016
Every business cares primarily about a profit margin. That is why it is a business.
Snoopy0211

@Snoopy0211 wrote:
Every business cares primarily about a profit margin. That is why it is a business.

Yeah but good businesses make a profit off a product people enjoy or will make productive use out of in their daily lives whereas this company produces a broken product that they half ass all year long until the next one then they abandon it.

Rivet_Skull
Highlighted
Every company is out to make money but some are more ethical about it and some are less than ethical. Activision needs to include DLC with the base price of the game like Overwatch, Titanfall, and BFV. DLC devides the community making a small group even smaller. It is a failing business model and needs to be revised. Raise the price of the game to $89 and include everything other than bonus cosmetics and perhaps in store currency. It will make them more money overall while keeping the community together for quicker matches in content everyone can play.
Volt615

Studios