cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurocom Redundancies

Bond

Eurocom Developments, the UK-based studio behind 007 Legends, has announced that it will be drastically reducing its staff numbers. The remaining workforce will focus on mobile gaming projects in the immediate future. Here's the link to the story: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/report-job-losses-pending-at-eurocom/0106942/.

Although leaving the console gaming business on a low, I will remember Eurocom positively for my great experiences with 007 Nightfire and Crash Bash (PS1). Others may recognise them for Dead Space: Extraction or Mortal Kombat 3, amongst other titles.

So, with the extinction of Bizarre Creations after 007 Blood Stone and Eurocom's demise after Legends, will any other Activision developer dare to create a 007 game before the contract expires in 2014?

UPDATE

December 7 - A fortnight after the inital redundancies, all remaining Eurocom staff have now been made redundant and the company has gone into administration. In other words, Eurocom has now fallen to the same fate as Bizarre Creations.

With this development, there is now a question about the overdue Skyfall DLC for PC customers and of the Wii U release of 007 Legends. Presumably, Activision will now determine how to tie up these loose ends.

the_Danster
7 REPLIES 7

Yes Eurocom have been the masterminds behind Nightfire, GE Reloaded and many other successful games. I feel as if they have had no media attention at all and there games have been drastically under rated. Although IGN rated GE Reloaded 8/10...

I have actually walked past Eurocom studios a couple of times when I was in Derby seeing family, The facilities there look great, but I haven't been inside.. ;(  Such a shame that a British Game developing company have been forced to cause over 150 Job losses and there are only 50 employees left!!

I have a funny feeling they are going to close down. I can't believe all the staff who have created such great content are unemployed... BEFORE Christmas!! Smiley Surprised

Bizarre Creations also have been successful with Geonometry Wars and the project gotham Series.

I don't think we will see another Bond game for a loooong Time.. I really hope the licence goes back to EA studios, they actually do a good and proper job!! FRWL and Everything Or Nothing are a few examples of there excellent developments and work.

I am guessing the next game will be a completely new storyline like nightfire and Blood Stone.. Or they will base it on Bond24..?

aaron007

I've heard it's better for job losses to happen before Christmas rather than after it. Either way, it's a low to go out on for Eurocom.

I believe that Activision will make one more 007 game before the contract expires, and I'm hoping that Treyarch will take up the challenge now that they've finished with BO2. The 1st-person shooting, 3rd-person cover system of QOS was actually very effective and satisfying. As for future publishers, check out this thread - there's some pretty good suggestions: WHO WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOND

the_Danster

I don't know where you heard that from, but If I lost a job before Christmas I would struggle to afford Christmas presents, to pay the bills, to pay for fuel due to the cold weather!!  It's not a good thing to loose your job at anytime of they year! Smiley Surprised

Anyways, It is such a low for the Derby based company Eurocom. This is one of the many few successful British gaming developers, it would be such a shame to see them go. They created one of the best Bond games ever- Nightfire!   I would actually like them to develop another James Bond game to see them create a whole new Bond story line like Nightfire and Blood Stone.

Yes, I am sure Activision will make at least another Bond game before the licence gets handed to another publisher. That's actually a good Idea, Treyarch done a fantastic job of QOS, the cover system is very efficient and easy to get the hang of. Also it is good in the 3rd person mode because the player can see Bond's face.

The next Bond game should hopefully be a completely new Bond story line, or they might base the game on the next Bond24 movie. Whatever they do, I hope they do a more thorough job.

aaron007

I know this is cruel, but I can't stop thinking about Bond's line at the end of QoS:

"Then the right people kept their jobs."

SylvesterFox
the_Danster

This is awful news! I just googled it and yes, they have the same fate as Bizarre Creations. Their last game they developed was a Bond game, and in this case it's the same. Gosh.. I didn't realise that 007 Legends has done so bad in the sales charts!

But Eurocom will always be remembered to me because they created one of the best Bond games- Nightfire! I will do a full review soon of 007 Legends, I have really been enjoying it! I am playing the online part of the game as I type this. I genuinely think this game is really good, it has improved so much from GE Reloaded.

I have played 007 legends for an adequate amount of time to do a full review on it, I will post it tomorrow. I have played the online for nearly 12 hours in total, and the campaign nearly 14 hours. ( I have played through the campaign twice once on classic difficulty and another on modern)

This game isn't a total disappointment to me, there are just a couple issues with the game that are so visible and it really lets the overall quality of it down. Despite this, I think it is a great game!!

aaron007
Highlighted

Yeah, I love the game too! The campaign is great and the MI6 ops are great! I'm also really impresed with the multiplayer! and of course, in a Bond game, everyne loves split-screen. I always play with my brothers and my friends and of course, swearing at eachother 2 minutes later, lol. I love the new weapons they've added, but my favorites will always be the original crazy weapons from the films like the golden gun, compressed air pistol, moonraker laser... and the PPK and the AK-47 of course although these are not crazy guns. I always use these in the multiplayer. but in legends mode i always take Scaramanga and just go on a rampage with the golden gun!!

JohnnyBond007
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS