cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Call of Duty in a tuxedo?

SOLVED

Bond

I really hope the game is nothing like Reloaded. We all know that Reloaded had no bond aspects in it, certainly no Golden Eye stuff. No head shots, no gadgets, no cars, no post-mission stats and non covert.

Since Eurocom is making this game too I doubt it would be any better since they still use the COD engine. No wonder they took the Batman title from them and game it to Rocksteady to make Arkham City. They made nightfire too but since Activision the game has gone south.

Besides gadgets the game shout reward the player for being covert like bond and using bond moves like nightfire. But is also kind of hard since they give you a machine gun in the first mission and a truck to blow up. Oh and please make the environment destructible. I remember in the kitchen level in Reloaded I shot everything and nothing shattered, not even the glasses.

If you have to postpone the game six month do so, because no one wants another Reloaded.

PS: if there is an administrator in this forums please say 'hi' so we know that someone at least cares about the gamers who pay for the games.

GoldenFist
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I totally agree with everything you have said! I think 007 Legends will be good playing through the classic movies but if they don't include the Bond elements in it just like reloaded did, it will not feel as if you are playing a Bond game. There are some improvements as there are gadgets in 007 Legends, villains, Bond girls, hopefully driving missions and other extra stuff!

I don't know what the developers were thinking but why did they cut out so much Bond concepts in GE reloaded?! Goldeneye is one of the highest grossing Bond films ever and they didn't include a gunbarrel at the start of reloaded, no gadgets, ok graphics, call of duty style gaming?! I mean come on! If they are going to remake something they should do it properly.

Although one thing about GE reloaded did make me smile in delight is the opening credits with the original Goldeneye theme tune! I really do miss the opening credits of Bond movies where girls are being shot out of guns and 007 laser is being shined on Bond girls chest's.

There is a lot of work to be done in 007 Legends and Skyfall as if they don't make it as original as possible with a few modern tweeks here and there, It will cause Bond to loose popularity within the fans!

If Eurocom include lots of new features and keep in the old classic concepts such as gadgets and gunbarrels etc.. Then this may be one of the best Bond games yet! 

aaron007
16 REPLIES 16

I totally agree with everything you have said! I think 007 Legends will be good playing through the classic movies but if they don't include the Bond elements in it just like reloaded did, it will not feel as if you are playing a Bond game. There are some improvements as there are gadgets in 007 Legends, villains, Bond girls, hopefully driving missions and other extra stuff!

I don't know what the developers were thinking but why did they cut out so much Bond concepts in GE reloaded?! Goldeneye is one of the highest grossing Bond films ever and they didn't include a gunbarrel at the start of reloaded, no gadgets, ok graphics, call of duty style gaming?! I mean come on! If they are going to remake something they should do it properly.

Although one thing about GE reloaded did make me smile in delight is the opening credits with the original Goldeneye theme tune! I really do miss the opening credits of Bond movies where girls are being shot out of guns and 007 laser is being shined on Bond girls chest's.

There is a lot of work to be done in 007 Legends and Skyfall as if they don't make it as original as possible with a few modern tweeks here and there, It will cause Bond to loose popularity within the fans!

If Eurocom include lots of new features and keep in the old classic concepts such as gadgets and gunbarrels etc.. Then this may be one of the best Bond games yet! 

aaron007

Me too. I felt when I play Goldeneye Reloaded, it didn't feel as smooth and addicting like Bond games usually are. I think the problem lies with Eurocom and its use of the COD engine; if you've played COD then when you play Goldeneye Reloaded, it's going to feel like a COD game. All that needs to be done, is just to bring back all the iconic features such as gadgets, great Multiplayer and an opening sequence and then you've got yourself a Bond game. I admit that it might be too late to change the game engine but if the developers actually commit and make a new one in the future, heck, it might even beat COD!

aaron1230

Yes exactly. It did feel like a Bond game but just not as addicting as the other classics. And yes, the COD engine makes GE reloaded less unique and more like other games. Also yes if they would just include everything Bond and make it more unique and less like other major game titles, then they will make one hell of a Bond game. I sure hope they make a new engine so it will be even better!

aaron007

First of all, they didn't use the call of duty engine, they created an engine specifically for reloaded. Which they are re-using for this game as well. Second, the reason there were very limited ( say limited because he still had his smartphone) gadgets is because the current bond flicks are very non-gadget oriented so they wanted to make it more like that. Third, there weren't any cars in the original flm or the game so they wouldn't have those here either. Just the tank.

Mcmadness

I completly Argree with you I'll give 007 Legends a shot mosty because of the story, Bond games should be like Everything or Nothing and BloodStone I felt like Bond in those games BloodStone did pretty good too it's only that Goldeneye did slightly better because of the nostalgic... I remember back in 2010 having to decide which I was going to get for the release and saving the other one for Christmas I decided on Blood Stone and I stand by that It's way more fun then GoldenEye....

They are at least going to have some epic Aston martin driving as seen in the new trailer I really missed that in GoldenEye...

CaptainRegor

To me, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded didn't really feel like CoD. CoD is just run around and shooting everybody. GoldenEye on the other hand consisted alot of spying and had alot of similiarities to the 64 game. for example the classic health, the spying in the vents with a silenced weapon, the tank, the fun split screen multiplayer, the paintball mode, Golden Gun mode, etc... And I really enjoyed the graphics in GoldenEye more! I don't think they used the same engine as CoD. The weapons, the people and the environment looked better in GoldenEye. Like the AK-47 looked scratched and old, the lighting on the guns were better, and the guns just had more detail! The expression on the people, the detailed environments like the jungle, etc... I really enjoyed GoldenEye but I agree with you that there were no gadgets and they should make it better. The new game will have gadgets like a dart gun and will have driving sequences (Die Another Day), which will make this game better than GoldenEye Reloaded. And hopefully will have a Gun Barrel sequence in the beginning. But the only thing that bugged me the most was that Daniel Craig is in this game instead of having Pierce Brosnan for Die Another Day, Roger Moore for Moonraker...

JohnnyBond007

The Die another Day trailer had a car sequence, and there was a snowmobile chase in the OHMSS trailer. Reloaded had the tank.

I don't understand "No Headshots"

I recall an interview saying that the Phone will have far more depth, and the moonraker trailer had a dart pen.

There was stealth in reloaded, but you were never forced to to use it. Dam, Facility, Carrier, Outpost, Bunker, Memorial, Jungle, and Solar all allowed you to play with stealth.

I do agree with you on the post-mission stats thing, though. I hope that they bring back the 007 tokens, too.

oldmanjenkins44

Barely no one plays shooting games on wii, though i have goldeneye for wii. One day i went to my friends house, and he said he had the goldeneye game, and i assumed he had wii version. ill admit, it was horrible, and when i say horrible i mean HORRIBLE. the only good thing about that game were the graphics but the rest was basicly a CoD game. if you play something like CoD 4 of Black ops, you wont feel the difference. i mean, yeah, of course the stories are completly different, but there really isnt a different mode that you play in. in real bond games you have all your gadgets, and your silencer, and you do stealth... in CoD you go around shooting people like crazy, and believe it or not, thats exactly what you do in reloded. you have you gadgets and normal stuff but the game doesnt recuire you to use that stuff. i hope 007 legends is a lot different than reloded

Nightshade12795

I wasn't very pleased with golden eye either, BUT I don't believe it is anything like call of duty. yes they may have the same engine and both be FPS, But so many thing's are there to seperate the 2. I am a fan of both games. I love playing black ops and 007 QOS and looking forward to 007 legends and BO2. Golden eye to me was the reject of the group and the multiplayer wasn't much liked. I don't see them going in the same direction. I think Legends will make all us fans happy when it's finally released.

Strife_Bond
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer