cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Call of Duty in a tuxedo?

SOLVED

Bond

Yes agreed! I think the game will definitely be good even if there wasn't gadgets. I would still play it for the experience of playing through classic films and Skyfall. I am looking forward to October now!   Since I am a Bond fan like everyone else on the fourm, I like every Bond game as some of they have better campaign and others have better multiplayer. Hopefully 007 Legends will have a balance between the two: Excellent campaign and fun multiplayer with classic game modes such a Golden Gun.

aaron007

Hi, guys

Just want to echo all the concerns that are being voiced here. 

I payed the full $60 for GoldenEye:Reloaded shortly after it came out, only to be slapped in the face with Call of Duty gameplay and virtually nobody playing it online (seriously, I don't think I was ever in a multiplayer match with more than two or three other people),

I know some folks have argued that it's not like Call of Duty, but for a more casual gamer like myself, it feels EXACTLY the same, I hate the distinction of shooting 'from the hip' and needing to stare down the sights for any accuracy.  Also, like Call of Duty, it seemed like you'd die after very few hits anywhere, as opposed to the original GoldenEye or Nightfire, where the damage was a bit more balanced. Obvisouly it only takes one in real life, but this is a game.

I was so excited when I first heard about 007 Legends, because I'd always thought they should do a game like this. Of course, I was immediately disappointed when I read that the game would only feature Daniel Craig as James Bond. I'm sure it's some kind of licensing related issue, but come on. What's the point of doing a game like this if you're not going to feaure ALL the Bonds? Of course, one would ask the same of a GoldenEye game that didn't feature Sean Bean as 006 and Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp, but I digress...

In short, this looks to be nothing but a straight sequel to GoldenEye:Reloaded. I'll give it a try, but I'll be renting first. No way am I spending my money up front again.

Mark_F

You are absolutely right! Although GE reloaded didn't have the full package of features I was expecting, I still thought it is a good game and worth playing! But it isn't worth it paying more than 50 dollars (about 35 pounds) for a Bond game. But I think 007 Legends is going to be even better and hopefully the developers, crew and cast will have learned the mistakes from Goldeneye and previous Bond games to improve and make Legends better.

To compete with other major titles and to get into the top list of "most popular games of 2012" Eurocom (the developers) will have to do a lot of advertising and marketing to get this game known so more people will play the online component of the game. Totally agreed, If I go on xbox live on Goldeneye reloaded there are hardly any players and it is difficult to get more than 4 people. Also no one ever plays my favourite game modes such as the golden gun!? Come on!!

I always knew they would resort to recreating some of the classic films, and they finally have! Even if not many people play online, I think the single player campaign will be excellent and probably better than most campaigns that are out there. The only worry I have is that each mission (movie) will probably be too short because they have to squeeze 6 recreated classic films into one campaign.

It would be even better if you can play as the original actors but I am not really too bothered about that as they have to use Daniel Craig as James Bond. Also it is first person so you will not get to see Bonds face until a cut scene but I suppose it adds to the experience having original voice and the skin of the actor.

I feel differently about this game, I am actually going to pre-order but I can understand why you would rent first so you are not risking your money. I am crazy about James Bond, I have all the films in a little set, I have scale models of cars and models of the actors and I have nearly every single Bond game apart from 007 racing. So in another words, I am very excited for this game to play through 5 classic films and skyfall!

I am glad the developers and crew included George Lazenby's OHMSS because I actually thought they would ignore him and choose two connery films to remake or two Moore films. I like how they have not left anyone of anything behind which sometimes happens in other video games.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and keeping this fourm alive! I mean seriously I check this fourm once a day and sometimes nobody posts anything?! And it is nearly 7 weeks till the release of the game and I haven't seen any popularity or trends on the website, and I have seen no advertising what so ever on television or on youtube etc.. And this is in the uk where James Bond should be very popular!? I am so confused to why there is no hype about this game from the press etc.. Or it might just be that I live in a deserted area of Scotland.. Or they have decided to release adverts in a couple weeks’ time? Whatever it is they need to act now!  Again thanks!

aaron007

There's been virtually no promotion here in the US from what I've seen, and certainly no buzz about it. Given jam-packed release schedule of big name games  coming out over the course of the next six months (Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, Black Ops II, BioShock: Infinities, Assassins Creed 3, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising) it seems likely that 007 Legends will be lost in the mix, just as GE:Reloaded was.

Mark_F

Yes as always Bond games have been so under rated lately so It will go down the same path GE reloaded went down. It would be great to see it selling loads of copies and satisfying all the fans and new Bond gamers. It will definitely make me very happy, I love all the Bond films and this game is a dream come true for me!  I mean I think some gamers are put off the game because of the graphics. I know the graphics aren't up to scratch, and some of the textures look basic, But at the end of the day it is about the experience not the overall quality of the game? What do you think?

aaron007

Truly, I've given up hope n BOnd, now I only search up the next cod, not the next bond. P.S. I am a bond fan, of the movies at least

And I think they shouldn't h ave fired trey arch or activision because truly, I think quantam of solace the game was the best out of all of the present day 007 games. And now that trey arch has made BO and BO2 the can help bond games, bring them up to standard, but of coarse MGM is a cheapskate compAney so they can't afford trey arch or activision

rgrg
Highlighted

Goldeneye Reloaded was a great Bond game. If it was like COD, more people would buy this than COD. Since James Bond Games have been around so long. I have finished the game and I think that it is one of the best Bond games there is. Xbox Live Gamertag (fadexXBond)

P.S.   I won't ever stop playing 007 Legends.

JamesBond12
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS