007 LEGENDS

Developer: Eurocom

Publisher: Activision

Players: 1 (Network players: 2 - 12)

Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U

Launch dates: Consoles - October 16

PC - November 2

Wii U - December 4

- The idea behind the game is to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film franchise. It also ties in with the latest movie, Skyfall.

Single Player

- There are six missions in the campaign which are based on six Bond films and connected by an overarching storyline. Older films have been re-imagined into the contemporary universe.

- The six missions (in game order) are Goldfinger, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Licence to Kill, Die Another Day, Moonraker and Skyfall. (Note that the Skyfall mission is available as free DLC.)

- Each mission is split into two to three levels. Some levels also include vehicle-based action.

- Players will control Daniel Craig's version of James Bond throughout the campaign, in first person.

- Players can choose between Modern and Classic health systems on top of Operative, Agent and 007 difficulties.

- There is a greater focus on stealth gameplay with a more suspicious enemy AI and bodies remaining where you take them down.

- Players can employ three gadgets during the campaign: the returning smartphone, which has new vision modes and can function as binoculars; a new pen that can fire tranquillizer, distraction and shock darts; and a wristwatch that can map nearby enemies and cameras and can fire a laser.

- The peeking function from GoldenEye Reloaded is retained. New gameplay features include the ability to jump and a melee function that allows punches to be directed by the analog sticks.

- The campaign incorporates a new XP system. Players can use XP to unlock and/or upgrade weapons, gadgets and Bond's physical abilities.

- Characters in the campaign include Holly Goodhead, Hugo Drax, Jaws, Tracy Vicenzo, Marc Ange Draco, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Pam Bouvier, Franz Sanchez, Dario, Jinx, Gustav Graves, Zao, P. Galore, Goldfinger, Oddjob and Felix Leiter. (Note that Goodhead, Blofeld, Jinx and Felix have new likenesses.)

- Actors from the original films who have provided their voices to their characters are Michael Lonsdale, Richard Kiel, Carey Lowell, Toby Stephens, Judi Dench (M), Rory Kinnear (Bill Tanner) and Naomie Harris (Eve).

Challenges

- MI6-Ops mode is returning from GoldenEye Reloaded. As with before, missions are based on assault, elimination, stealth and defence objectives, with adjustable settings.

- Players' scores can be uploaded onto online leaderboards.

- New to this mode is the option to play special missions for some of the villains and companions.

Multiplayer

- 4-player split-screen is available for offline (local) play.

- Online play is supported on consoles and PC platforms.

- Online matches have the capacity for up to 12 players.

- Game modes are Legends, Team Conflict, Conflict, Golden Gun, Escalation, Heroes, Icarus, Black Box, Data Miner, Licence to Kill and Team Licence to Kill.

- A player's progress is indicated by a leveling system which peaks at level 50.

- Players can equip gadgets (perks) to enhance their abilities, such as the "Fast Switch" gadget that halves the time it takes to switch weapons.

- Players will be able to control characters from throughout the Bond franchise on certain modes.

- Some locations from the campaign will serve as maps.

- The double kill glitch from Reloaded has been rectified

- Host migration has been incorporated, though does momentarily increase lag.

- If a gamer is inactive for 5 minutes they are kicked from the lobby.

Other information

- The game is built on the engine used for 2011's GoldenEye Reloaded.

- The game runs at 60 frames per second.

- Bruce Feirstein wrote the game's storyline while David Arnold and Kevin Kiner composed the soundtrack.

- There is no option for co-operative play in the campaign.

- Bots are not available in multiplayer, both online and offline.

- Pre-order bonuses of 'space-suited Jaws' and Baron Samedi skins from Amazon.com and an extra Bond skin and Walther PPK weapon from GameStop were available to North American customers.

- DLC character skins of Patrice and Eve from Skyfall are exclusively available to PS3 customers.

- A "Get in the Game" competition, which gave aspirants the opportunity to appear as a villain in the game, ran from May 1 to May 22. Announced on September 4, there are two winners to the competition; one from the US and one from the UK.

Feel free to discuss any of this information below.

(Message updated by the_Danster on November 16.)

the_Danster
18 REPLIES 18

Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen some of this information before. Some of the features that seem good in the game are:

- The enemies being more alert so you will have to use stealth to sneek around them. GE reloaded did have an ok AI but it would be good if the they were more alert and investigate the area more.

- Punches being controlled by the analog sticks seems interesting, I haven't heard that before. I hope the controls feel as smooth as Goldeneye. I like how they have kept peeking from cover as featured in GE reloaded. I liked that system of cover.

- xp system sounds great. I loved the games Nightfire and Agent Under Fire where you could unlock new skins, upgrade gadgets and new multiplayer maps etc..

- There better be new gadgets! I sure hope there are 6 gadgets you can use (unlock 1 per mission?) and then you can upgrade them with xp system. I wonder if they have included 007 tokens that you can collect throughout the campaign?

Also 2 player co-op would be great!!! I sure hope they do include that. If anyone here is reading this and has a relation or works with Eurocom, please give the developers a shout to include co-op missions! It would be fantastic if player 1 could be Bond and player 2 could be the villain or the Bond girl working with Bond.

aaron007

And thanks for the appreciation. The facts are out there - they're just very scattered. Even as I typed this thread yesterday, people where still asking if it would be available on PC! Hopefully it will help answer such basic queries.

If Activision are reading these forums, I would like to highlight your ideas about 007 tokens returning and unlockable MP maps in the SP. It would be a great incentive to play SP if that's where you could unlock the maps, character skins and upgrades to weapons.

the_Danster

Yes if has definitely helped me understand more about the game. And yeah I think every fan of the Bond games do miss the 007 tokens and the unlockables for campaign and the fantastic multiplayer. If they do muck this up and don't include many things for such classic Bond films, then I will be very disappointed

In the games Nightfire, Agent underfire etc.. They had everything I liked: 007 tokens, alternative routes not just air vents like GE reloaded, lots of things to unlock such as skins, maps etc.. I just think they are such great games that Eurocom haven't learned anything from.. They would have great success if they just gave us fans what they want, not having there own ideas into the game.

Something I must mention is that they have done a great job for they storyline of all 6 missions as they would have to watch through all the movies all over again and do so much work designing such classic movies. I personally think the trailers look great and there has to be some stealth elements hidden behind all the explosions etc..

aaron007

Call of Duty is widely accepted and here is a bit of discussion on using it in iPad. This helps to add friends via social networking sites too making it dear to the teenagers. The absolute drawback of this game is the quarrel between your friends on gaming. So, watch out when you get addicted.view site

callsofduty

In order to save this thread from sinking into the watery depths of the main forum page, I've moved it to the General Bond Discussion section which does not have a 25-thread limit. The negative of this move is that less people will likely view it. The positive is I don't need to 'bump' this thread every few weeks or so.

the_Danster

Ahh so Nov 2nd for U.S then? I see the PC pre oerder for UK.

Formosity

No need for that question mark, Formosity. The release dates were confirmed in a video interview by CreveOnline, which you can see for yourself here: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/interviews/197399-007-legends-activision-sneak-preview/.

Because these release dates are so important, I will move this thread back over to the main forum page. In fact, we had previously been led to believe that the PC release was on the same date as the consoles, so this new date is quite a surprise.

the_Danster
Highlighted

Thank you for this info! I was scared because I didn't know if us U.S players were gonna have to wait for a Steam release or not. Glad to hear November 2nd I can just go to BestBuy and pick up the disc.  I'm so happy right now because it's very important I play on day one of PC release.

Formosity

Just to be absolutely clear, there is no disc release in the US - only downloads via Steam. You should be careful if you're thinking of getting the European disc version. There are extra concerns involved, which you'll find in this thread:

PC VERSION MEDIA

the_Danster
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS