is matchmaking based on party leader ping ?

Black Ops forum

just to know if we have to choose the correct party leader, this system was in MW3 and i would like to know if it's the same thing in BO2 ?

Thanks in advance.

i played this morning with 7 fellows and it was horrible in ground war and the same thing when we are 6 in a standard mode, lag was awfull, plus all horrible freeze on PS3 and sound bugs (i'm near to sell the game but my reason say me to wait again...one month not more).

And furthermore, i don't know why but since i switch my ping mode to "interleave" instead of "fastpath", it's slightly better (not the case for MW3 where it was better) but lag are still huge seriously.

Elricco
6 REPLIES 6

Elricco wrote:

And furthermore, i don't know why but since i switch my ping mode to "interleave" instead of "fastpath", it's slightly better (not the case for MW3 where it was better) but lag are still huge seriously.

Yeah, you shouldn't take things a certain "networking expert"  here says seriously.

Interleaving is used as error correction and it adds a bit of latency to your connection, which is probably why you're experiencing a slight improvement. You connection is a bit slower now, as in higher latency. If your line was working fine without interleaving, you should've probably just left it that way as you don't need the error correction.

The lower the latency, the better for online games (with working netcode). MW3 and BO2 are exceptions because the broken lag compensation turns everything around. Good connections are hindered and bad connections get the advantage. This is up to the devs to fix and we shouldn't have to be forced to dumb down our connections to try to get rid of the disadvantage.

Disconnected_

yeah i notice that, ping test with "fastpath" mode 25ms (ping at Dublin from Paris) and "interleave" mode 50ms, and in the 2 cases i don't have any packets lost. For me "fastpath" mode  is not a problem i'm near from the dslam (0.1 miles), i can watch HD tv easily.

Wierd, i think i'm most in the average of the whole players connection, maybe that's the key to adjust himself your ping (you make the lag comp/matchmaking job instead of the game), i will try the "serenity" mode which add more latency again .

and for the matchmaking, someone have an answer ?

Elricco

Disconnected_ wrote:

Elricco wrote:

Yeah, you shouldn't take things a certain "networking expert"  here says seriously.

Your constant attacks directed at me are getting boring now.

Disconnected_ wrote:

Interleaving is used as error correction and it adds a bit of latency to your connection, which is probably why you're experiencing a slight improvement. You connection is a bit slower now, as in higher latency. If your line was working fine without interleaving, you should've probably just left it that way as you don't need the error correction.

I have always said (so i really dont know why you tried to claim otherwise in yet another pathetic attempt make yet another pathetic dig at me)

That fastpath lowers ping but increases the chances of dropped packets and your line quality drops abit  this is a fact,

I have always said that imo interleaving is better than fastpath if you weigh up the pros and cons  the problem is you are still are under the impression everything is about ping it isn't line quality is just as important,

theres no point having a lower ping if you lose packets

but feel free to twist that again,.

Actually tell you what why dont you go twaddle off around the forums and find one post about fastpath/interleaving where i saud anything that contradicts what you said ..

As you won't my original point stands your posts now are just pathetic excuses to make digs at me.

Maccabi Level 75

maccabi wrote:

the problem is you are still are under the impression everything is about ping it isn't line quality is just as important,

theres no point having a lower ping if you lose packets

Like I said, if he was having no problems with his line, he should've just stayed with fastpath as he'll just get an unnecessary increase in latency. A stable high quality line doesn't need interleaving.

Then again, if the only game he cares about is BO2, an increase in latency is not a bad thing because of the broken lag compensation. Until they fix the netcode that is, if they ever do.

Disconnected_

I don't care about the cause, I just want a fix. This is ridiculous. For anyone who says this game plays right for them, they must have a bad connection and get the advantage.

Honestly, if this game played like you can play in Local against bots, then multiplayer would be awesome.

element80

This whole idea that the "devs" evil plan to turn good connections against themselves and help out the bad connections is getting old. In terms of good connections and bad connections of course they are going to design the game around the 'average' connection or what the majority of paying customers are using.

Either way "good connections" do not consist of what you pay for internet or what your latency is unless you are host every single time.

avengedyesterda

Studios