World at War 2?

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
Would you guys like another World War 2 game?



I would. I would be perfectly happy with Infinity Ward doing a Modern Warfare series and Treyarch doing a World War 2 series.



I don't know about you, but I think World at War was right up there with Call of Duty 4 when it comes to the best games in the series. I loved the weapons. The Thompson, the PPSh (literately my favourite weapon in the whole series), the M1A1, the Gewehr.



I also thought zombie mode was a lot more enjoyable in that era. It's good now, don't get me wrong, but using the PPSh and such in those maps was pure brilliance.



The only drawback is the story, since it's based on true life. There'd be limited things they could do, and they couldn't just do World at War over and over again. I suppose there's other things they can do like a British campaign, a "Black Operations" themed one, where it's about spies and stuff, and more stealthy gameplay like in Black Ops.



So what do you think?
brandaman
Likes: 58
Posts: 2000
Registered: ‎24-05-2011
33 REPLIES 33
I would LOVE if they strictly made WW2 era games. I absolutely hate the new weapons in zombies and I really liked how the old online was. The weapons were 10x cooler than the ones they have now and the story was more fun when you were shooting nazi's with PPSh41's and double-barrel shotguns.
n00bslayer3
Likes: 0
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎24-06-2009

Brandaman wrote:

 

Would you guys like another World War 2 game?



I would. I would be perfectly happy with Infinity Ward doing a Modern Warfare series and Treyarch doing a World War 2 series.



I don't know about you, but I think World at War was right up there with Call of Duty 4 when it comes to the best games in the series. I loved the weapons. The Thompson, the PPSh (literately my favourite weapon in the whole series), the M1A1, the Gewehr.



I also thought zombie mode was a lot more enjoyable in that era. It's good now, don't get me wrong, but using the PPSh and such in those maps was pure brilliance.



The only drawback is the story, since it's based on true life. There'd be limited things they could do, and they couldn't just do World at War over and over again. I suppose there's other things they can do like a British campaign, a "Black Operations" themed one, where it's about spies and stuff, and more stealthy gameplay like in Black Ops.



So what do you think?





If 3arch keep the brutality that they had in WAW, i would definitely say yes. Love WAW, how brutal things were back then, would love it if they make another. I am not too much of a fan of future (MW/MW2) but the past is always nice.
Grannyoo3
Likes: 0
Posts: 520
Registered: ‎22-12-2008
I used to say no to more WW2 but in all honestly wouldn't mind if they (Treyarch) chose this direction again. It seems the older weapons are in a way easier to mix with online play due obvious limitations and historical accuracy. From recent viewings of WW2 in color, it seems there are still many story lines that can be explored. I'd even like to see some smaller type vehicle included like motorcyles and jeeps (if needed, a seperate game mode). Like anything now, quality requires time.
Trout_19
Likes: 2
Posts: 2000
Registered: ‎07-09-2008

Trout 19 wrote:

 

I used to say no to more WW2 but in all honestly wouldn't mind if they (Treyarch) chose this direction again. It seems the older weapons are in a way easier to mix with online play due obvious limitations and historical accuracy. From recent viewings of WW2 in color, it seems there are still many story lines that can be explored. I'd even like to see some smaller type vehicle included like motorcyles and jeeps (if needed, a seperate game mode). Like anything now, quality requires time.



Didn't Call of Duty 3 have those vehicles? I don't think it'd really be my cup of tea, but if it had a separate game mode then I'm all for it.



I think World War 2 is Treyarch's speciality too. I think they nailed WaW, but I'm not too fond of Black Ops.
brandaman
Likes: 58
Posts: 2000
Registered: ‎24-05-2011
Let me put it this way - I won't be buying it if it isn't WW2-themed. Yeah, the kids whined and whined until WW2 was removed as a theme, but it shouldn't stay off the table. It was a very important part of history, and shaped the world we live in today.



Brandaman - I'm not fond of Black Ops either. Aside from having zero interest in the Vietnam War, it didn't feel -right-. WaW did, I'm playing it right now. I won't be doing this for Black Ops in two years' time.
akimbojones
Likes: 2
Posts: 545
Registered: ‎11-08-2011

Brandaman wrote:

 

Trout 19 wrote:

 

I used to say no to more WW2 but in all honestly wouldn't mind if they (Treyarch) chose this direction again. It seems the older weapons are in a way easier to mix with online play due obvious limitations and historical accuracy. From recent viewings of WW2 in color, it seems there are still many story lines that can be explored. I'd even like to see some smaller type vehicle included like motorcyles and jeeps (if needed, a seperate game mode). Like anything now, quality requires time.



Didn't Call of Duty 3 have those vehicles? I don't think it'd really be my cup of tea, but if it had a separate game mode then I'm all for it.



I think World War 2 is Treyarch's speciality too. I think they nailed WaW, but I'm not too fond of Black Ops.







Yeah, I liked the vehicles in COD3 and understand many do not. Still, sniping people out of vehicles is great fun. A seperate listing is a must or it will set the community on fire. Not sure how more weapons can be inculded in another reboot but I'm sure that they will think of something. Might like a squad based mode that not only promotes but forces team play. Have no idea what that means in terms of design and details but grow tired of the everyone for themselves game play that I see now in certain areas. Playing with friends is so much better.
Trout_19
Likes: 2
Posts: 2000
Registered: ‎07-09-2008
Ya I'd love another WW2 set game, There isn't any good WW2 games coming out anymore because everyone is trying to follow the trend set by call of duty. I miss having a historical aspect of the game that I actually care about.
WBVendetta79
Likes: 0
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎27-04-2010
I loved WaW.

WaW minus MP40 and fixed hit detection is easily one of the best CoD's.
Not_Haiepz
Likes: 0
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎03-03-2011

WBVendetta79 wrote:

 

Ya I'd love another WW2 set game, There isn't any good WW2 games coming out anymore because everyone is trying to follow the trend set by call of duty. I miss having a historical aspect of the game that I actually care about.



I hate how companies are doing that now. They just need to realise - People aren't going to buy a Call of Duty clone. If there's Call of Duty, what's the point of having a game almost exactly the same?



Even Crytek have copied a lot of aspects of Call of Duty with Crysis 2. Create a Class, the ranking system, challenges, perks (Suit modules), killstreaks.
brandaman
Likes: 58
Posts: 2000
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Studios