League play has better lag compensation than Public games?

Black Ops forum

Have i gone mad? Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

The difference when im playing is shocking no insta deaths from smgs and assault rifles and amazing hit detection its like a complete different game for me.

hiddenoffline
4 REPLIES 4

Think I heard league play has dedicated servers, still trying to figure it out, let me know if u find out, I play mostly league play cause it does seem better

chadburlington

There is no dedicated servers in league play if there was they would have used it as a selling point.

hiddenoffline

League play does NOT have dedicated servers.

What it does have is slightly different matchmaking parameters too the normal playlists.

It has nothing to do with lag comp, but it highlights a very good point what people always blame on "lag comp" mostly is down to matchmaking putting you in quality sessions. League play will put you in sessions with people in a much tighter ping range (which in theory as far as the way the interwebz works would also mean more local to you)

why they dont use the same system for general playlists is beyond me

Maccabi Level 75
Highlighted

maccabi wrote:

League play will put you in sessions with people in a much tighter ping range (which in theory as far as the way the interwebz works would also mean more local to you)

why they dont use the same system for general playlists is beyond me

Exactly.

Apply tighter ping range in the public lobbies as well.

vims2011

Studios