Broken lag compensation returns.

Black Ops forum

dstr001 wrote:

Yup, there is definitely a problem with matchmaking somewhere along the lines here; when I get a good connection the game feels fantastic, but when the lag is against me it is actually worse than MW3, it needs fixed.

Also, Maccabix, while i respect you alot on what you have done so far with the elagaphant thread among others, you have to see the bigger picture here; surely you must reaise that just because you arent getting problems in this game, that the problems dont exist? that doesnt sound like you.

The fact of the matter is that many of us are experiencing the same or worse problems than what we had in MW3, and it is NOT due to routers etc, it is the game itself; I can jump on black ops 1 or even WaW and have great connections, yet this one is unplayable? surely you can see whre I and others are coming from?

yes and again the majority of the problems people are facing is either down to matchmaking NOT "lag comp" (*generic term.) or something with their own networks or isps. Sorry this is a fact regardless of how many people with little or no understanding of the subject say to the contary.

People get matched badly and come on here screaming lag comp. when they have no idea what lag comp actually is.

EVERY cod game on release has had issues with matchmaking and these are usually sorted quit quickly as real time data is collated and used to dial in settings. it happens every cod game.

And again as much as people will scream blue murder and claim exactly the opposite to what i keep saying its already been proven on the forums that theres nothing wrong with the netcode and the game works fine if you remove matchmaking.

so please someone explain to me how if you dont use the games matchmaking people are able to play with EXACTLY the same netcode as everyone else and NOT have problems.

These types of threads are self fufilling prophecies same as every other cod game, one person moans about lag when they dont know what the fug they are talking about next thing we have wah my best money can buy internet is being penalised ad infinitum.

classic example of what I mean theres a video on youtube doing the round last time i looked it had like 16000 views , its entitled "how to beat lag comp" all the guy says is unplug your console from your router and plug directly into the modem if you are a cable user.. but no one can understand that ISN'T "fixing" lag comp its removing the thing that was causing the problem and something i've harped on about for years generic isp given equipment is crap as the buffers arent big enough for online gaming where theres anything upto 20 packets a second being sent.

but no i really dont have any issues with "lag" in this game apart from when ive been placed in a bad lobby . So seeing as we all have the same netcode how is that possible? cant be my connection is worse or better than anyone elses as i have two one standard adsl and one leased line that would def equate to "best money can buy". 

Maccabi Level 75

I understand what you are saying mac, but take this into account; MW3 played fine minus the matchmaking too, but we all know that game had problems, it is the same here.

I have been here for years, I know that these games have launch issues, but the fact that 3arc appear to be simply ignoring these issues will only delay them getting sorted, which is why i am actually commenting on it, something i rarely do when these issues arise.

dstr001

Ok we can play with words, we can replace "lag comp" by "matchmaking" but the finality is the same, the lag in this game is insane even if i plug directly my ethernet plug on the modem and i apply all elegaphant stuffs.

And sorry i don't know i have to wait (how many times ? or month ?) to play this game correctly, i'm very stupid i was thinking that i pay 70 euros to have a product who work, i'm an innocent person you know...

an advice for the other before posting about lag you experience : say i've got a good router with brand and an isp who don't throttle my connection, if not you will be trolling, seriously...

I'm glad that certain people haven't issue or don't want to recognize it because they suffer of stockolhm syndrome.

Elricco

maccabi wrote:

<-snip->

People get matched badly and come on here screaming lag comp. when they have no idea what lag comp actually is.

<-snip->

Then when getting matched badly does the "lag comp" math have to work exta hard because of this?

Is what people are reporting a side effect of it trying to compensate for the bad match making?

Jake02

the match making system is easily fooled, invite a bunch of aweful KDs lower levels to your private lobby, then go search for a game, it will drop a ton of similar noobs onto the other team easy for you to kill as to balance out with the noobs on your team. Your teamates will have it rough but you'll have a huge advantage. Another way to fool it is to simply lose lose lose, eventually it will drop you into an easy lobby, kick the winners, or bring in some excellent teamates to help you dominate the map. This appears to even work on FFA. lol

TinyLittleTimmy

Jake02 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

<-snip->

<-snip->

Then when getting matched badly does the "lag comp" math have to work exta hard because of this?

Is what people are reporting a side effect of it trying to compensate for the bad match making?

simple answer is people mistake latency for some sort of neferious lag comp as everyone blames lag comp as the root cause of problems,

you get matched with players where theres a large than acceptable disparity between pings say people running 4-2 bars then its not "lag comp" its lag plain every day run of the mill everyone gets it on the internet lag.

Biggest problem this game has is and with the greatest of respect the lack of knowledge on thesubject of people complaining complaing about and their unwiullingness not to tow the company line of wahhhhhhhhh its lag comp kill it kill it

Maccabi Level 75

You should respect Mac He has been in this community longer then you, He knows what he's talking about Maybe YOU should let the Devs have some time to fix the problems

You are the TROLL here......

Elite-Rebel-XX1

maccabi wrote:

simple answer is people mistake latency for some sort of neferious lag comp as everyone blames lag comp as the root cause of problems,

you get matched with players where theres a large than acceptable disparity between pings say people running 4-2 bars then its not "lag comp" its lag plain every day run of the mill everyone gets it on the internet lag.

Biggest problem this game has is and with the greatest of respect the lack of knowledge on thesubject of people complaining complaing about and their unwiullingness not to tow the company line of wahhhhhhhhh its lag comp kill it kill it

Actually, it's the other way around. Clueless so called "networking experts" think that their googled networking "knowledge" applies to this game.

If it was just plain old lag causing the sync issues, the ones having the issues would be players with high latency. Instead, people with low latencies and especially the host are having these sync issues. That's because of the broken lag compensation. Which is what IW devs already admitted is causing the problems in MW3. You've already been proven wrong by the devs.

Just gtfo of this topic with your trolling already. You already stated that you don't have these lag compensation issues. so there's nothing for you in this topic. Though, I do get what you're doing.  Trying to discredit our claims because you really want to keep that lagvantage you're getting with your bad connection.

Disconnected_

Dude give the Devs some freakin Time go play Black ops 1 for now, They are trying you Troll

Give mAc some respect he knows this stuff better then you.

Elite-Rebel-XX1

Elite-Rebel-XX wrote:

Dude give the Devs some freakin Time go play Black ops 1 for now, They are trying you Troll

Give mAc some respect he knows this stuff better then you.

There has been no acknowledgement from the devs regarding this issue. They ignore it completely. Still waiting for Vahn or any other dev to admit that this problem exists and tell us they're fixing it.

And I don't respect trolls.

Disconnected_

Studios