scrap call of duty elite

Black Ops II Xbox 360

until you can make a system that works, it was terriable in beta and its terriable now. lost track how many times it says cant load data.

Submarinex1
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

My bigger worry is that things like this.. theater, etc are the root cause of the lag issues.

There has to be some tradeoff for all this information being passed back and forth, and I think, unfortunately, it comes at the expense of the gameplay.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

agree since you download the clip to play it and it plays fine it makes no sense why the game can not render a simple clip, ive had it work once so far.  worked fine in dirt3 for rendering clips even though was much simpler than what you can do in this.

Submarinex1

On PC the service works.. but if I try to use it on 360 it gives error after error. I do like to use the service on console especially for watching the Elite TV video shows like Roll Call and such.. but they won't even give us that type of content, so it kind of sucks anyway.

sqitso1

I can see your side of this. Other than some stat tracking (which you can find in game anyway) there is really no need for it. Theatre (for me anyways) serves no purpose. I actually had the recording option shut off in MW3. I don't go in and look at past games, nor do I render videos for YouTube. (i did maybe 6-7 on MW3 just because we could, and those were mainly booster vids)

The one good thing that might come from Elite is the fact that ANYONE can check your page if they have your GT. I think this could be part of the reason boosting is not as bad as it once was.

jwaller123

Elite was such a roaring success when we paid for it..... they decided to give us it for free this time round.

Enough said.

HighlandSparky

As alot of you know i was very critical of Elite during mw3. imo its alot better than it is still absolutely pointless as an entity

this time round we have clan stuff thats pointless as you dont get any worthwhile rewards for doing them

and erm.. erm...

oh yeah i like the global stats page thats worth checking out although i dont beleive for one second its real stats as the different stats all go up at the same rate regardless of time of day and people online

https://elite.callofduty.com/ops2/globalstats

nope cant think of any other use for it

what i dont get is theres been such a big push for league play /comp play in bo2 why on earth didnt they include that into elite and actually make the thing have a point.

Maccabi Level 75

Mac, wondering if you could put your two cents in. Wondering if you feel like things like Elite/Theater have had an overall effect on the lag issues in this game.

I am just a layman with programming, but I would think that if you are trying to push info live during the game while also recording to Elite and to the theater it might effect quality overall.

Am I off base in thinking this?

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios