"Teammate Confirmed Kill"

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Sniping is fine, quickscoping is what bothers me.

Anyway I love people who snipe, it's always a free kill because they never look behind them and expect their Betty to cover their backs...

JTaB92

warzh311ion wrote:

No, No, NO! This would only make more idiots sit back and snipe and never go for the tags! It is bad enough that we run into teams that have three snipers on them. This could lead to four + snipers! Sit back for easy kills and collect a good amount of points without putting yourself at risk.

There are already too many pansy players in this game. No reason to reward them.

I get a lot of tags picked up by mates and I'm running all over the place. Sometimes, you aren't near the peeps you dropped. It's not always due to camping...

I would prefer to see the tag point distro...

Collect a tag 75 pts.

Mate collects your tag 50pts.

My 2 cents

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

If someone on your team is sitting back and sniping, go take their tags. That is when tags should be teammate confirmed.

Someone jumping in front of my to take the tag I am 2 feet away isn't being a teamplayer, it is actually harming the team because later when I die 1 off a VSAT because I was robbed of tag score it hurts the entire team.

It is like someone jumping on B flag for .02 of a second just to get points but not helping cap it the entire time.

superbob

I grab any tags I see.

When I first began playing this mode, I tried to be cordial.

I quickly found out that a lot of people were "KD whoring," without picking up team tags, and we'd lose the game more often than not.

Besides, on these super-tiny maps (especially Nuketown/Hijacked) there's just no way to stop and say "Oh, hey man. My bad those are yours." Just run and grab.

GlowNTheDark

Maybe a timer on the tags, if they get picked up right away you get 75 and teammate gets 25 whether you picked it up or a teammate, but the longer they sit on the map, the less points you get, again doesnt matter if you pick it up or a friendly.

Every few seconds it sits unattended on the map, you get less points and the teammate gets extra points.

3 seconds- 35 points for teammate 65 for you

5- 50-50

7  75 for teammate and 25 for you

10+ seconds, it disappears- no points for anyone

TheGreatJRoad

So your moaning that a team mate ran over your tags to make sure you get them instead of someone killing you and you loseing them but also it's a team game? Maybe if you want to play by yourself FFA is a good option but then again I can see you being the idiot in S&D snatching the bomb and running around the map kill hungry with no intention on planting the bomb then you die because your not so smart and the enemy camps the bomb and the team loses I hate kids like you...

Asfixiator

Asfixiator wrote:

So your moaning that a team mate ran over your tags to make sure you get them instead of someone killing you and you loseing them but also it's a team game? Maybe if you want to play by yourself FFA is a good option but then again I can see you being the idiot in S&D snatching the bomb and running around the map kill hungry with no intention on planting the bomb then you die because your not so smart and the enemy camps the bomb and the team loses I hate kids like you...

I'm 'moaning' about a few particular incidents where I had just killed someone and was running for the tags. There were no enemies in sight so no danger of me dying. Then some guy runs towards me and takes the tags which, though it is a team based game mode, are rightfully mine.

Tbh you say it's a team game, yet most of the time it's one player carrying the team. Not to brag on myself but I find that about 25% of the time, that player is me. I'm the one going for the objectives, I'm the one with the most confirms, I'm the with 2 plants on an attacking round of Demolition.

As for S&D, I have a deep rooted loathing of any game mode that makes you wait to respawn. S&D and CTF are off limits for me so your point there is completely invalid.

Regarding FFA, I like playing on a team. I just don't like it when I'm the only one who cares about the victory and all my so called 'team mates' are attempting to farm kills and failing miserably.

Finally, you say you "hate kids like me". I simply said that it annoys me when other people steal my fresh tags and from this you piece together a picture of a 12 year old who isn't a team player and is just overall completely incompetent. I ALWAYS want the victory for my team in games but that doesn't mean that I don't want to get big scorestreaks and unlock some rarer than average calling cards at the same time.

Thanks for the reply but honestly, try and actually see the point of the post before you reply rather than just posting a block of text that really in no way relates to the point I was trying to make.

JTaB92

Why not just make it like BO1(or MW3?...haven't played those in a bit) and get 50xp per kill, 50xp per tag regardless of who picks it up?...

_eL_T_

Why can't they just make it the inverse?  Or an even split?  I understand it is a team game but when I get the kill, my teammate sees me get the kill and then runs out of their way to get my tag, it's a bit frustrating.  As one poster above said, sometimes I die 1 kill short of a SS and that makes all the difference in a game.  Nothing more frustrating than the guy who finishes 6 - 15 with 12 confirms.  You know he didn't get a SS and just collected tags.  I don't mind if I have a SS like a Sentry, Hunter Killers, Strikes, etc. but when I have lined up a kill with my SMG and it's 15 feet in front of me and someone grabs it, really irritating.

DingoDC

Exactly what I'm saying. Of course it's a team effort but at the end of the day you have individual stats as well. I always try and pick up my own tags and my kills - confirms are usually even so I'm doing enough to help the team. It's like you said when you see a guy with low kills and about 4 times that in confirms. While he may have collected tags, he probably contributed more to the other team's score than he did to his own.

JTaB92

Studios