how to fix the wtf experiences....

Black Ops II Xbox 360

My thoughts from another thread:

Figure out how to make there be NO MORE WTF moments... and BO2 will be the gold standard.

When I mean no more WTF's, I mean after reviewing what happened in theater and seeing it from all points of view and then being able to accept it as legit.  Yeah, I see now that I ran around that corner and never looked and he shot me from behind. OK, not lag, not a bad spawn, my bad.

But how?  Well the first, simplest way would probably be to make it so whatever you do before you die still counts and gets applied posthumously.  At least that way lag works itself out to be fair.

If I pumped em full of lead, but was lagged, at least I'll still get a fair shake.  And if I get shot dead after killing someone, I can accept that I had an unfair lag advantage.

Has this been tried before?  Might it make a real improvement?

nycjpm
4 REPLIES 4

No clue what you mean....

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

No clue what you mean....

First off, we had asked GHANDI about a billion times to consider this (Macc was big on this particularly, but a lot of us supported the idea).

What the OP means is that in past COD games you see a guy and shoot them 4 or 5 times and they turn around and kill you.  What he is saying is, ok you died, but the game also takes into account that you shot that guy enough to kill him he will die as well.

otisman666

I thought it did that in the damage that player takes from you. In HC they stay damaged... in Core they have to wait for their Health to Regen.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Lag shouldnt be fair and the problems some now face are due to developers going overboard in trying to make it fair.Matchmaking should improve yeah for sure to minimize bad connections to the host.But the Onus should be on the gamer to make sure that if you want to play a online FPS shooter and minimize your WTF moments  then you should have the best connection you can get available to you .If for whatever reason your connection is sub-par no one else should be handicapped to make it fair . Lags lag. My thoughts is all

nzoldschool

Studios