Your router, connection and "game lag"

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Okay, I thank you for your useful post, but radiowaves, for all intents and purposes, travel at the speed of light. Do some research.

Scorr

nothing other then light can travel at the speed of light. even with a dual band router it wont be as fast as using an ethernet cable.

jonjonjonjonjon1
Highlighted

Electromagnetic waves travel at the speed of light. This includes visible light, xrays, gamma rays, and of course, radio waves.

Scorr

now that i'm reading it again it came out wrong. radio waves unlike fiber optics don't go straight and the wireless signal can bounce around and be interfered with. its the bandwidth of the wave frequency and length that matters. even on the best wireless routers you only get 25MB/s far from what you can on an ethernet cable.

jonjonjonjonjon1

802.11g supports bandwidth up to 54 Mbps.

CoD requires roughly 5kb/s to function well when you aren't the host.

Comparing wireless to an ethernet connection, in regards to bandwidth needed to play the game, is like comparing how to transport a grain of rice, either by using a car or using a truck, on a road with a speed limit.

Scorr

Read posts made by Maccabi and you will get your answers.

There have been hundreds of posts on this subject.

If you are getting end of game freezes it is something about your router.

Look up an Elagphant thread in the MW3 forums.

starbuckfrack Level 72

only look up the elagphant thread. nothing else by maccabi. it has some info. thats one of the write ups i started with.

no offence mr frack. but that guy is a mor, uh, not of much help. most of his posts are just him insulting people and talking about how the lag is either our falt, or a figment of our imagination.

you wont get much help from these forums. i never did. it took me quite a while to find legit information. every once in a while someone will post a link (you need to read them all). i dont have any bookmarked. but im sure someone else does.

Honestly from the looks of it, you probably wont get it. so just listen to whatever people tell you. and believe whatever makes you feel better about the gameplay.

As far as the garden hose. Your right, i could hang myself with my garden hose. i dont use wifi though.

The keyword you can google for that is latency.

And with the 4g comment, i think hes talking about when his phone automatically connects to his wifi.

playerone2

playerone2 wrote:

no offence mr frack. but that guy is a mor, uh, not of much help. most of his posts are just him insulting people and talking about how the lag is either our falt, or a figment of our imagination.

you know that accusation gets thrown about alot on here, tell you what find scuttle off and find one instance where I have ever said that then come back to me .

Maccabi Level 75

To be honest I've never read maccabi insulting anyone, mostly educate players or at least trys to help. In some cases (like myself) the suggestions didn't work as I suffer from unplayable lag in core, HC is fine, which is still confusing to me why HC is fine but core is unplayable..

A lot of the problems can be helped by the router/tv setting suggestions, but like I said it didn't help me.

zingaa

he's VERY sarcastic in his reply's, which when your at the end of your rope with the game problem's is the last thing you want to read when you come on here looking for solution's. IMHO i don't blame him the lag fix thing has been done to death.

UgotDoneUp

Studios