XBOX Multiplayer System Requirements

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Hello All,

Will I be able to play the new Black Ops II multiplayer with only a 4GB XBOX? COD is the only game I play.

I heard a rumor that the 4GB Xbox runs the game slower than the 250GB. Shouldn't the processing speed be the same; only the size of the HD different?

I want to make sure I'm on the same playing level as everyone else when talking about processing speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

theMaestrooo
10 REPLIES 10

It's only the HD that is smaller the Xbox is a Xbox if you bought it 8 years ago or yesterday .They all run at the same speed.

smokesdope

The size of your hardrive determines how much data it can hold, it contributes nothing to your performance other than faster loading times if your game was installed to the hardrive.

Your xbox will run Black Ops 2 perfectly, every version of the Xbox 360 has the same motherboard, CPU and graphics processor ect. So there will be no difference in performance from what ever edition of the Xbox 360 you would use.

IEliteWalker

Great!

And what about HD space?

I will prob start running into trouble when the DLC map package comes out?

But the other maps are run off the CD?

Does anyone know how much the download will be to play multiplayer?

theMaestrooo

You will most likely need a bigger HD if you were to download any future DLC maps. And yes the original maps are included on the disk.

A patch for multiplayer isn't usually more than 10MB I believe, 4 GB = 4096 MBs so you have lots of room for any future title updates.

IEliteWalker

IEliteWalker wrote:

You will most likely need a bigger HD if you were to download any future DLC maps. And yes the original maps are included on the disk.

A patch for multiplayer isn't usually more than 10MB I believe, 4 GB = 4096 MBs so you have lots of room for any future title updates.

Incorrect - there is already a 26 mb patch on Black Ops 2 that went out right before the servers went on.

You'll need more HD space in order for DLC. Also, you should go ahead and upgrade your hardrive - you'll want to save the Black Ops 2 disc onto your hard drive to protect your lens and your xbox.

Tick7

Not incorrect patch sizes vary all the time that was just an estimate because they are usually small.

Take a look for yourself ;p

http://www.xbuc.net/?searchString=call+of+duty

IEliteWalker

Alright, one more question...

I can't download map content and run them off of flash drive, right?

Thanks again for all the help!!

theMaestrooo

I've never tried the flash drive to be honest.

I think that everything (your gamertag, online profile, DLC, etc) has to be on the flash drive in order for you to play off of it.

You can't have something on the HD, and then something else on the flash drive, etc.

That's my guess.

Tick7

You can't do that because of something involving the licences. It's there to stop people from downloading maps and transfereing them to other Xbox consoles.

Edit: Actually you might be able to run your DLC from a flashdrive, I would contact Xbox support to make sure though.

IEliteWalker

Studios