Why does a prestige master have the same equipment and perks that a level 55 player has?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Sorry I have to disagree, all such a system would do in punish those who do not have time to reach master prestige. Master prestige players do get an advantage they get all the weapons, equipment, perks and score streaks so they are not tied to what they have chosen to unlock.

QwertyBoredom

A prestige master should be  "a more powerful adversary" by virtue of the fact he/she is a battle hardened, experienced player. The good thing about CoD is that no player is more "powerful" than any other.

If you're a master prestige you should be a better player than most.

Don't forget, you do it for "the Prestige", not for super powers.

Noodle_Sensei

This would only increase the number of prestige hackers...

malditor

Your subject is incorrect since it is not possible to unlock everything until you are a PM.  Your follow up premise sounds interesting but ultimately would cause issues for new players unless the something extra that the PM gets isn't gamechanging.  In which case what would be the point of doing it?

phxs72

I guess it's all about achieving that GOAL...and it's the biggest goal, right?  I suppose there is diamond camo and patches etc...but the final prestige is the ultimate goal for us, so let's reward those who invest the time (and keep us playing) by rewarding us with ____________  ....that's as far as my poor mind has gone.

riffy08

Your premise is flawed, you are assuming that everyone can/will reach master prestige but this simply is not the case, some people have other responsibilities, take a guy I know for example he has a full-time job with lots of overtime so he can pay his mortgage and support his family, he looks after his baby and overall he gets to play CoD for at maximum an hour a week and will be lucky just to hit Lv 55.

Simply it isn't fair to punish people like this for that, which is exactly what your suggesting would do.

QwertyBoredom

Yeah, that's why I thought you could balance it with some kind of reward if that person were to kill a PM...and so, let's say +1000 xp to kill a PM, but I guess this isn't very practical.

riffy08

Not at all, since PM does not take skill to get but time, I have seen loads of PM players who in all honesty are complete sh!t at the game they would just turn into a walking XP bonus that would not be deserved by the player who killed them.

QwertyBoredom

How about rewarding the boosters and cheaters that don't get caught..Let us reward them to ...Hell they made PM in a couple days of playing.. They should be rewarded too.

texota1

It wouldn't make sense in light of pro perks being got rid of.  It's partly why I never got into MW2 much because I have played it substantially after release so anyone with a super perk, let alone a pro perk, will win an engagement against me, either purely or significantly, for that.  In this game, that concept is being got rid of.  Most of the decent stuff, for me at least, are either immediately available or shortly afterwards.

SitRepPro

Studios