Why does a prestige master have the same equipment and perks that a level 55 player has?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why does a prestige master have the same equipment...

I love COD, and probably always will.  But I find that I would appreciate it more if the progression through prestige meant a little more.  Why not have a reward system in which a player that achieves a high level prestige is rewarded…Not with an extra class slot or an unlock,  but with something that gives a slight advantage over a lower level person?  A prestige master, in this system, would be a more powerful adversary.  It would mean something more.  You could then reward a lower prestige if he were to kill the master…extra XP, or a temporary perk, for example.

Does this make sense to anybody?

riffy08
49 REPLIES

Re: Why does a prestige master have the same equip...

in reply to riffy08

orbital VSAT on continuous loop.

r33k

lol, that would be a heck of a perk for a master!  I was thinking of something not quite as advantageous...or the reward to take the master down would have to be well worth it.  It could be a perk...maybe dead silence isn't unlocked until prestige master?...or ghost?  I don't know...but what about the general concept?

riffy08

in reply to riffy08

You ask why Level 55's have everything available to them just as a Prestige Master has? Think about what you saying here, really have a think.....

Level 55 is top of a prestige right, so why shouldn't they have everything available to them, they worked to get there as did a prestige master did to get where they are. But your argument is flawed and therefore invalid as a Prestige Master has EVERYTHING unlocked and AVAILABLE to them at any given time. A level 55 zero Prestige does NOT have EVERYTHING unlocked and AVAILABLE to them. There's you advantage for Prestige Master's supposedly being better at the game than everyone else, when in fact it proves nothing about a person's ability at the game.

DonBelfit87

in reply to DonBelfit87

Ah, yes,  I see your point.

riffy08

in reply to DonBelfit87

I'm master prestige, have been for a long time already. ALL items is that I play more than the average person, not better.

Drummin

in reply to Drummin

ALL that means*

Drummin

in reply to DonBelfit87

They don't even technically have everything unlocked. Even if they stay at 55, they aren't going to get anymore tokens. There are more than 55 items to unlock, so they won't have everything.

Beast_Of_Americ

in reply to riffy08

i think it's backwards

you start out with NO EQUIPMENT when you should start with everything. it should be removed as you progress, making you play against lesser players who are better equipped while you are forced to use less gear and perks.

that makes more sense to me...

mjw3786

in reply to mjw3786

mjw3786 wrote:

i think it's backwards

you start out with NO EQUIPMENT when you should start with everything. it should be removed as you progress, making you play against lesser players who are better equipped while you are forced to use less gear and perks.

that makes more sense to me...

I agree, dammit.

People that do really well didn't earn their skill. The game built that skill for them. Either that or their daddy left them a huge inheritance of skill left over from the days of Pacman. And if not that, the so-called "better" or "more skilled" players actually stole their skill from the poor, working smucks.

Let's Occupy Silicon Valley!!!

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

Studios