Why does Flak jacket not protect against Lightning strike?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

This instantaneous, super powerful killstreak has no counter to it.

Can Flak Jacket be changed so that if we are at full health, the lightning strike cannot kill us?

OMFGimJOE1
10 REPLIES 10

the flak jacket is pretty much useless against all killstreaks or at least it is in the game i bought

banned-again

I think its fine, at the edge of the explosion you can notibly see you survive over non flak users

lPikachu

This is not BO where flak jacket made you immune to nearly everything that exploded. This is the balanced version where you still will die unless you use other things like the trophy system to complement it.

trialstardragon Level 70

Is this even a serious question??  It's a FLAK JACKET, not a dome of inpenetrable armor.  What is with some of the people that play this game?

A lightning strike is a bomb dropped from a plane (three bombs from three planes, technically).  A flak jacket is meant to protect from "flak" (e.g. shrapnel from grenades and other artillery fire fragments), not from direct impact of said artillery or bombs.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

And, I might add, dropped where the targets WERE.  If the targets are moving, you got to lead them a little.  If you camp, you get stamped.  If you move, you might avoid the consequences.

DaddyTinman

OMFGimJOE wrote:

This instantaneous, super powerful killstreak has no counter to it.

Can Flak Jacket be changed so that if we are at full health, the lightning strike cannot kill us?

There is a counter. It's called 'being indoors'. Failing that, there's another counter called 'Ghost' that makes it impossible to be seen on the mini-map before the strike is called in. You may have heard of it before. Why don't you come back to me when you've tried calling in a Lightning Strike on a whole team of Ghost-users and then tell me it's overpowered.

There is no earthly reason a flak jacket would protect you against a guided smart-bomb, either. That's beyond the realm of plausability even for the video game world--it just defies logic.

Tifosi92

being indoors doesnt always protect you against the lightning strike ive been killed loads of times while ive been in doors

banned-again

You can only be killed indoors if you're standing right next to the doorway and it lands just outside that door, or if it comes through a glass ceiling or hole in the roof (like in Express).  Same way a predator could get into the Dome (and other buildings in Dome/Arkaden/etc.) in MW3.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

i know but all i was pointing out that being indoors doesnt always save you

banned-again

Studios