What's the most relevant stat for how good a player is?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

most ppl that say they dont care about stats are normaly bad and convince there self there meaningless. multiplayer games are competitve pub or not, so if some ppl strive to win & better them selfs. eg. day to day activitys or video games so be it. after all its human nature to want exell at all things competitive that inculdes video games.

cod hitman47

Terrible assumption, and none of what you said makes stats meaningful.

NoLifeKing29

You know what, I have a .79 kdr and a 240 SPM, and I play pretty much every game mode in the game; and I just laugh when a whole bunch of 1.00+ KDR guys pop into the lobby and I go 45 - 15 with 30 confirms on them. Stats really don't mean much unless you can back them up. I've seen a whole bunch of players that are great when you look at their stats, but the second they come up against a team that plays the game and the objective, they can't do anything to help their team win. A good player is some one who helps their team win, whether they go negative or positive. If some one goes 15-35 but has 10 captures in a game of domination or headquarters or hardpoint; they helped the team win and I would consider them a good player.

People get too caught up with stats. 1 player having good stats means nothing, it doesn't mean your good; it just means you're good on paper. I mean, if this were baseball, sure, you might have hit all those homeruns and base hits and had a good batting average, but if your team didn't make it to the playoffs, then what good are you to that team. I mean, look at what the Athletics did in the early 2000s. They had a team that, on paper, was crappy, but they made it to the playoffs and did well as a team. That is what the game is all about, winning; and if you help your team win, you're a good player, if you don't, then your stats don't mean dick.

SoG_Hanix_PC

NoLifeKing29

Depends on the gametype

For example, FFA is completely SPM (First to 30 kills) whilst TDM is almost completely K/D.

For DOM, I'd rather have a look to see how many captures they have. That can give me a fairly decent idea on how good at playing DOM they are.

Joco30001

i dont 100% agree with you about the caps. reason 1. you can win a dom game with 4 caps a and b first round c and b second round. 2 reason. if you got 6man team and keep capping enemy spawn flag som1 on their team will have alot of caps due keep capping back a or c and get a loss. dosnt always make him good.

cod hitman47

The only stat on here that matters is the one they don't keep and that is the percentage of games a player dashboards. Truely good players don't have to dashboard. If you have to dashboard you are probably not as good as you think you are.

nflfenatic

I'm honestly not even quite sure what dashboarding is.  Does it mean backing out of a lobby before the round starts if you don't like how the teams look?  Or is it something more nefarious than that?

PandasRpeople2

It when the game is not going your way you hit the green center button on your controller and go back to the xbox dashboard to leave the game so it does not have a chance to save your stats frome that game

nflfenatic

number of camos they have.

AHaras

Studios