What's the most relevant stat for how good a player is?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I look at the stats after the match is complete.  If I'm on the winning team and have a postive kd and good score...I'm happy.  Really don't feel too bad if I go 8-8 and think I helped out in some way.

Going 20-5 on a losing team I'm not happy.  Sometimes I thing I got a good stat because I used my teammates a cannon fodder.   

jahMoon

K/D gg. Also depends on game mode. If tdm .. then kd.. cause if u go 30-3 u helped ur team by getting kills and then denied the other team with only giving them 3 kills.

Number one stat everyone is going to look at is always going to be K/D

ReRolls

I've been like 20 - 5 on losing teams in TDM a lot.  I play random. 

When I get match with a really good team I have trouble finding anyone to kill.  Then I get a little to agressive and wind up like 8 - 8.   Get the win, but really didn't do that well.

jahMoon

I would say Aim Accuracy. K/D and SPM can be faked by dashboarding and W/L is meaningless when playing solo.

I know a person who always dashboards or leaves the pre game lobby when a good player is on the enemies team, he does that because he is scared of competition to protect his k/d ratio, sad thing is he is not the only one, million of kids are doing the same, they think stats mean something in the game.

FixBlops2

There is no definitive way. Best idea will be a combination of win loss, kd, and SPM, although all 3 can and do get minipulated.

danielbondnz
Highlighted

Accuracy.

Edit

Silly gallp he meant to say FUN

gallp13

No ones pays attention to that stat, but almost.  I use FMJ and will unload clips into places I think someone is.  I shoot around corners because I think some one might be there.  Using an AR you have to worry about the SMG people you are trying to jump you.  

jahMoon

When i see a sniper with a very low accuracy then he isn't good at sniping. Problem is the maps are all so close combat that accuracy isn't that important factor in this game.

FixBlops2

Neither a high K/D nor W/L in my opinion.

Reason being K/D can be manipulated by dashboarding or kill farming in objective game modes. A high W/L can be achieved by playing in parties. You're pretty much guaranteed a win against randoms when playing in a party although I do respect a player who can achieve a reasonably decent W/L playing solo.

Though a flawed stat, I prefer looking at a player's SPM depending on game mode of course considering S&D players generally have low SPM's while Domination/Hardpoint/Kill Confirmed players have reasonably high SPM.

vims2011

I used to think kd but people cheat like crazy so win/loss usually does it. Lol

Myramuff

Studios