What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

So I am reading some of the recent post's and complaints regarding Black Ops II. SO FAR (for me) Black Ops II is actually enjoyable. At this point I have a K/D of 1.2 and still climbing. I have not (YET) experienced any completely absurd and unexplainable incidents.....unlike MW3 where the absurd reached ludicrous levels on a daily basis. At one point this summer I decided to not dashboard 8 out of 10 games and see what happened. Despite having ping times of around 10-15ms at 500 miles in every direction, my K/D averaged .32. I did not turn red, I could not get out of the way, I could not return fire......camping, running and gunning.....no matter, just dead. Over and over and over. On many occasions, I was killed by players who were right in front of me ( according to killcam), but in realtime.....I never saw them. That has YET to happen while playing BO2, and I hope it stays that way. In my humble opinion (with all do respect to those who are not happy), I am getting the impression that some players are screaming mad because their K/D is below a 2.0. Am I just so beat down from MW3 that I am settling for less, or are some people expecting way too much? Again, I am absolutely not trying to piss people off, and I am by no means an online gaming guru.....but is a K/D that's under 2.0 really that bad?  

DrKillcut2
33 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

in reply to DrKillcut2

I just like to stay positive and have fun. I try to keep mine over 1. I challenge myself a lot, try different weapons, and play within the spirit of the game.

K/D can be manipulated, not as much so in this game. Just have fun and play your way.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
Activision Ambassador

in reply to DrKillcut2

I agree with drew, as long as you're 1+ you're not being a burden on your team, having that said, I feel alot of people have unnecessary hardons for KD and refuse to look at the bigger picture stat wise. I for one would much rather have a guy with a straight 1.00 KD and plays the objective, than a guy who sits back and farms kills for a 3.00+  I'm not a pro gamer, but I do score consistently high on the lobby leaderboards and my KD is only 1.5 something overall, which i may add is typical and is about what I do overall in the past three COD's (I sucked real bad when I played COD4 and MW2.) I'll get in lobbies against guys with 2+ ratio's only to have them dashboard halfway through the match when they start getting wrecked on because they dont want to ruin their poor KD.

TABCore

in reply to TABCore

I agree. If someone has a 1 KD they are at least holding their own. In mw3 I held a 1.27 KD and I play the objective.

But in the end it is just a number in a video game, and shouldn't really be taken seriously at all.

Thedestoyer

in reply to TABCore

You would rather have somebody with a 1.0 k/d who just rushes the objective than somebody who is going to easily get up killstreaks and make it sgnificantly easier to win? Are you really that delusional?

oBLACKIE_CHANo

in reply to oBLACKIE_CHANo

Delusional? You know this is just a video game right? None of it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Thedestoyer

Ive been in SEVERAL games where the opposing team is just trying to stat-pad and I can honestly say they never win, killstreaks or no, if you're not playing the objective, you're not going to win. Period.

TABCore

in reply to DrKillcut2

Anything below 1.5 is pretty bad tbh, if you can't keep your k/d up you're going to be pretty useless to your team in any game mode.

oBLACKIE_CHANo

So someone with a .5 ratio and 6 caps in DOM is useless?

TABCore

in reply to TABCore

come on there is alwasy that game where somebody is camp happy and goes bonkers on your spawn site. I was playing the infamous Nuketown, and however it happen this guy had 162 kills...It was maddening

skinzy420

Studios