What do you consider a good k/d in this game?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Performance in this game is so inconsistant that it's hard to say what a good K/D is.  In BO1 my weekly K/D was usually between 2 and 3, but in BO2, my K/D from match to match is anywhere between 0.50 and 3.00. With an overall of only 1.15.  Obviously a few things not right with this game.

KoRny1

In my opinion K/D tells me the skill level of someone when it comes to firefights.  It tells me how skilled the player is at killing people and not getting killed, that's about it.  I play mainly Kill Confirmed so I check people's K/D's alot in that game type.  If you're playing an objective based game type however, try taking a look at their score per minute.  A higher score per minute shows how well a person does as a team player. 

A high K/D definitely tells a lot about how good a person is though.

itzlucky

K/D in this game doesn't tell you how good someone is at a firefight because half the players of this game claim that they are at a 1 second disadvantage. If this is the case, even having a 1.00 K/D is remarkable.

KoRny1

I suppose you're right.  That and most people just run around with an SMG and hip-fire 9 out of 10 times.  But that is just a strategy that they use.  So what does K/D prove?  Anything?  If their wasn't a point to having a K/D in this game or it didn't prove anything what's the point of having it in the game?

itzlucky

high score per minute   +  a high k / d   impresses me more.

mw3 was ridiclous if you just ran assasin all the time you're likely to crush lower quality players.

if you put 100 excellent Skilled players together for a few hours of playing against each other, tourney style, i would say a k/d above 1.25 is excellent.

Baylorballs

It really depends on your class setup. I go for all challenges and unlocks so it brings my kd way down when I'm going for diamond camos on pistols, crossbow, assault shield, etc. If I never prestiged and only used my best weapons my kd would easily be twice as high but I could care less about kd like I saidpreviously.

mp7headshot

Studios