We, the gamers, who bought ur game 3arc, WE are owed an explanation.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

There has been a steady decline in this game since launch.  The ideas that were implemented in the game are great except that target finder.  All these title updates and hotfixes seem to fix one thing, but break another.

For the past week and a half, this game is unplayable.  Yellow 2 and 3 bar lobbies.  Hit markers galore.  Getting killed by a lightining strike while im in the engine room on hijacked.  The constant empyting a magazine into someones back for them to turn around and shoot you dead. 

The spawns are at its worst ive ever seen them now. 

Tonight was enough for me.  I thought, maybe my internet is messed up.  I put in WAW, MW2, BLOPS 1. and MW3.  All four of those games ran great.  No laggy lobbies  Hit detection was spot on.  Only gripe is the camping in MW3 and the modz in WAW.  So after I played those games, I put BLOPS 2 back in. Still unplayable. I know there are a thousand posts about lag, but this game had problems, a lot of them. 

Now you tell me how 4 other COD's ran perfect and BLOPS 2 is the only one with issues. 

3arc, it's time you get off your high horse and out of ur really expensive cars (Vahn), and address this problem.  It is a problem.  It's not on our end, its the game.

We buy ur game and without us, you cant buy ur fancy cars and whatever else.

ITSTOOLATE
20 REPLIES 20

All I am going to say is you didn't play MW3 in the beginning. In the beginning that game was hit marker city even more so than BO2, IW fixed it though.

I don't expect 3arc to do anything though. They turned zombies into complete garbage to the point where if you want your rounds to go on the leaderboards but don't want a full party you have to pull in a split screener.

icyzyon

yes mw3 was jacked up in the beginning.  it runs great now.  theres a ton of issues with black ops2 but none of the major issues have been addressed.  i dont care about buffs or nerfs or theater mode.  i just want a smooth online experience.  this game has gone down the gutter in the past few weeks.

dont get me going with zombies.

ITSTOOLATE

It's almost 300,000 people online playing BLops 2 were not as many is playing those other games. It seems when the game has over a certain amount the game gets a bit laggy or connection interruptions. It seems to run smooth when its not many online. I could be wrong but I noticed that if a map pack is released the downloading takes forever because a lot of people is downloading it, I figure the game works the same way!

GoldenFAL

300,000??? havent seen that in a while.  the amount of people online dont matter.  blops 2 is lucky to pull 100,000 at a given times

ITSTOOLATE

I seen 187,000 online  the other night and that's a fact! I don't know what time you go online, BLops 2 gets 100k every night when I'm online EST time zone. I seen around 80k online wee hours of the morning. Believe me I seen 200k this weeks past. And when I saw the amount of people online there was lag in game, when it was around 80k the lag wasn't as bad. More people online the more lag, migrating host, lost connections ect... I've read on these forums that some don't play when it's a lot of players online. Test for yourself don't just take my word.

GoldenFAL

GoldenFAL wrote:

I seen 187,000 online  the other night and that's a fact! I don't know what time you go online, BLops 2 gets 100k every night when I'm online EST time zone. I seen around 80k online wee hours of the morning. Believe me I seen 200k this weeks past. And when I saw the amount of people online there was lag in game, when it was around 80k the lag wasn't as bad. More people online the more lag, migrating host, lost connections ect... I've read on these forums that some don't play when it's a lot of players online. Test for yourself don't just take my word.

It's just coincidence. Earlier in this thread, a comparison was made to how long it takes to download DLC content the first day it's released. This is because Microsoft's server's are being overloaded, and there's only so much bandwidth available. In this situation thousands of people connect to a cluster of enterprise level servers.

When you play Blops2 multiplayer, the host in your lobby provides you with the game environment. (Not Activision or Treyarch) So, even though there's 350,000 people online, you're playing on a listen server with 12 people connected to it. (unless playing ground war, etc.)

The main reason connections suffer, is the fact that this game is hosted through residential internet connections.

Knowing how things work, you can see that things "should" be better when more people are online. If you have a good internet connection, and live in a well populated area, then more players online means you should get more lobbies with other players who live nearby.  Generaly, this is desirable, BUT geographical location doesn't always equal low ping, and you also might live in an area with terrible internet.

Everybody is unique in this regard, as the internet connections vary drastically in the US.

Houdnik

any time they they developer and creator of the game, give you, the gamer, a explenation and its not one that you like they immediatly get called liars. so. why should they bother coming here at all?

deamonomic

Do you realize how much better the game would be if they fixed the connection?  It is by far the biggest issue with this game, and the developers refuse to aknowledge the problem.

Here is where the issue arises, they already made their money. The only other money coming in is from DLC, so from their perspective, where is the motivation?

They are extremely short-sighted and only care about money and the MLG scene.  Stuff gets corrected almost immediately if the pro gamers determine something is wrong.  The general pop gets no love.

osuistheshiz

osuistheshiz wrote:

Do you realize how much better the game would be if they fixed the connection?  It is by far the biggest issue with this game, and the developers refuse to aknowledge the problem.

Here is where the issue arises, they already made their money. The only other money coming in is from DLC, so from their perspective, where is the motivation?

They are extremely short-sighted and only care about money and the MLG scene.  Stuff gets corrected almost immediately if the pro gamers determine something is wrong.  The general pop gets no love.

do you realize how much everything would be if we lived in a perfect world where having perfect connections was possible?

see you thats where I have my problem with this argument. theres a huge game ruining problem that everyone experiences. The things each person claims to experience is different but called lag all the same and everyone nods in agreement. hundreds of you shout at treyarch to fix the "problem". they tell you that according to their information and data there is no problem at large.

your response.... oh well they must be ignoring it because its after the game release and they has your monies... yet he conviently leaves out the fact that  treyarch has a pretty good track record for fixing problems in their games compared to most companies out there. and that hot fixes and patches are released all the time.

you guys were then asked by treyarch to show them the problem since they couldnt find it, and what do they get? tons of single clips from theater or clips of kill cams. they get full length theater recordings trying to point out lag. they get full length live recordings that which when looked at reveal no lag whatso ever or at most very little. just about every single death of theirs can be explained. You think treyarch doesnt go over the videos with a fine tooth comb? you probably do think that they simply ignore the issue. because its not the answer you want to hear.

90% of the people who complain about lag problems dont even make ANY effort to help show it. and most of the time most of those who do are mistaken. the entire argument itself is built upon the conspiracy that there is a problem and that treyarch is lying and covering it up for money.

you all claim a game breaking problem yet none of you can prove it. its laughable.

im sorry but I subscribe to what I can see and judge with my own 2 eyes. the conspiracy theories have no value in my eyes.

deamonomic

Studios