Was the Remington even changed that much?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I don't know about other people, but the Remington seems the same to me after the patch, although I was never one to try and shoot someone across the map with it like a KSG. I do get some hitmarkers from 3 feet away every now and then though, but that might be a lag problem. Here's some gameplay with commentary showing that the nerf really hasn't slowed the R870 down.

Noob_Lyncher
11 REPLIES 11

They nerfed the one hit kill distance by approximatley 45 ingame inches, friend.

Mopoc
Highlighted

I don't understand why there is such a problem with this gun, in MW3 all the guys online moaned about the model not being strong enough so they made a shotgun that gave consistent OHK, just no pleasing this community.

chrissy_

Had no idea they did this.  Last night I asked repeatedly during a game "did they nerf the shotgun".

Isn't horrible but is noticeable.

Now if you can answer the question of where my buckshot goes when it disapears than that would be something.

SandyV

It doesn't dissapear. The guy you're shooting just has that one perk that makes him immune to buckshot.
^ This is what I yell in gamer rage when I get a BS hit marker at point blank range with the Remington 870. XD
My fault though, awful connection.

Mopoc

Lately I've experience the following: Sweep around corner, register enemy and pull trigger. Opponent does same, I hear/see my shotgun go off, but only I die....and when my entire screen is filled with your avatar I'm pretty sure your in my sights. Especially fun when it happens multiple time against a pistol wielder.

SandyV

Allow me to add on to that scenario.
Upon pulling the trigger and obviously hitting the the fellow - followed by my own demise.
I watch the Killcam, and the scenario makes me look like a tool, and is playing out rather differentley than what I had recalled from about 3.5 seconds ago.

Oh, yes. Two Remmy hitmarkers against a QS'er running around with Dual KAP's.
You know you're getting robbed, lol.

Mopoc

I'm a hardcore elitist so I am spared the humiliation of having to watch "killcams".

SandyV

I never watch killcams unless it's a wtf moment. I like to get back to the game.

Noob_Lyncher

I moved to hardcore two days ago.

Proud to say I do much better in hardcore, lol.

Mopoc

Studios