Version 23.446.21 makes me furious...does it for you?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I have to rant. I'm so pissed right now. I can't remember when I haven't had connection issues or intermittent issues. This latest version really sucks though. I'm so far behind other players and every other bullet or every third bullet counts when all are on target. I'm losing gunfights I should 100% be winning. Firing on target first half a clip to end up been killed. This is so maddening. I want to be able to enjoy the game and complete challenges but if I can't get kills how the hell am I meant to clear objectives or defend them. Fast paced game types like hard point are pretty much a no no for me now.

The 445.20 version worked pretty well for me. It felt like playing in the old days with the odd iffy connection to other players. That was tolerable and remedied with a lobby switch after the game. Now though, it sucks. Everyone else I've spoken to, about 20 people, has said that 445.20 was pretty ace and 446.21 sucks. Maybe these numbers have absolutely squat to do with gameplay quality but there is a definite correlation leading me to believe these are updates to the connection quality software.

DLC is nearly here and I don't want to be playing the new maps wanting to launch my controller through the tele. I can put up with the idiots who play hard point with snipers and the people who use objective games to boost their kd. I can even put up with things like demolition master not unlocking and all the other little things that annoy but for the love of god, roll back the versions of the game to ones that worked. I appreciate what works for some doesn't for others but nobody seems to like this latest version.

Note your opinions in the thread just in case our comments are taken into consideration.

malvernmatt
30 REPLIES 30

To be honest up until this hot fix the game has been very trying. The last 2 days while playing my bullets have been registering and the lag has greatly improved.

But I guess this is what is going to occur,some will benefit and some will suffer. What are the chances this is the final hot fix for this game..............

D3XT3I2

The issues I'm seeing are with leaving a party, connecting to a party, or losing connection to the host. I have been getting locked up at Joining Session in Progress a lot more since the latest update. Once I clicked leave without party and my xbox completely froze with call of duty logo in the bottom right corner. Other times we get crossed up on who is joining who and if someone tries to join me while I am joining them it will say joining in progress. I can hear that they joined me and talk to them, but it takes a very long time to time out, to the point of where I usually just restart my xbox.

As for in game I still notice the same. I play with a party as you can tell. We are all from different parts of the US so depending on who is the party leader you either have 3 or 4 bar. If the host is on the west coast I'm hosed because I'm in the midwest. That's an automatic 3 bar and I struggle to get hit markers. If I go alone I usually can hold my own most of the time. It is what it is. There are just so many people with different ISPs out there. I do think they should improve all of this, but I still enjoy the game as much as I can.

darkplaces28

If matchmaking worked correctly and placed you in lobbies where everyone had a similar ping it wouldn't be an issue. If that's not possible and it's always going to be a roll of the dice, not have anything to do with skill- then go all the way with that idea. Don't trick us into believing it's something it's not.

djtn

Skill based match making is a joke. There's a group that dominates pretty much every game. I'm playing a lot of hard point at the moment which may be exaserbating the problem as people just don't seem to grasp the concept of hardpoint!

malvernmatt

True. Have you ever looked at the K/d's of the teams before the match starts? I'm not a stat ho but there is no way 6 players with k/ds of 0.85 and lower are going to have a chance against a team with k/ds of 4.0 and higher, much less when they're all in a clan or party.

This is especially irritating in hardpoint as it appears matchmaking is looking at spm.

djtn

Hard point spm spread seem to go from 120-500. It's insane. My kd is 1.02 but I never fail to have a bloodthirsty medal and now average a 2.0 plus kd but with having 16000 kills, my kd takes forever to change if it ever will. So kd isn't always a good indicator, nor is spm as someone who has never played a game mode can win one game and do well and have an insane kd when actually they're rubbish and got lucky. Just need the damn game fixing so it works like the old days. MW2 ruled as far as I remember.

malvernmatt

i simply see it as a challenge

deamonomic

for it's been bad. 

if kd and all that is to go by, in past cod games i always had a kd above 2.  aprt from blops1 and mw3 which I got rid of early due to the same issues.  At the moment my kd is 1.52 while in TD games my kd is 1.68.  For me personally I am not happy with those stats at all, but to put it into perspective.  I have quite a few good players on my friends list that in the past had kds that were hitting 2.8 up to 3+ but in this game I only have one friend... ONE, who has a kd above 2.

This new hotfix has done nothing good for me at all.

The way it's going it prob will get traded in soon.

darkwitness

From what I can tell this hotfix has messed something up when hosting. If they were trying to improve it, they failed.

Youngnoble

Studios