The connections will not be fixed if...

Black Ops II Xbox 360

This game continues to change host on the fly. I am not sure on how this thing chooses the host but it does not work!

Afer playing BO2 last night I really don't think it would matter who has the best ISP and equipment. We had a game on a host that everyone was full bar and no lag at all. Everyone stayed in the lobby, so no reason to change the host. The game decided to change host anyway's and all but one guy went to yellow and the hit detection went to crap. People started skipping around the map and "Connection Interrupted" appeared quit a few time. Nobody left the lobby and everyone had a good connection, why change it to the worse possible host?

I guess it really does not matter what ISP or equipment you have. The game will still find a way to screw it up.

WARzH311ion
9 REPLIES 9

90% of our lobbies last night in HCKC where french players on 3 bars and they wonder why there is so much lag in this game .. can you not find me lobbies in my own country ??? fix the damn matchmaking or bring back the 'local only' tab

simonm

My sympathies dude as i get the same thing and not just on HCKC either, it's no fun when thier on 3bar and frankly if i'm in a lobby like that i back out...

Mandude1

problem is the next lobby is exactly the same

simonm

My point is why, on those rare occasions we get a good host for everyone, does the host change for no apparent reason? I remember back in the days of old when you could go all night without changing host once you get a good one. This constant host migration has to stop already!

WARzH311ion

warzh311ion wrote:

My point is why, on those rare occasions we get a good host for everyone, does the host change for no apparent reason? I remember back in the days of old when you could go all night without changing host once you get a good one. This constant host migration has to stop already!

it could be something as simple as the host left the game ..that would cause a migration but more likely the game detected the host wasnt able to handle the game traffic adequately and kicked in the migration system.

theres def something screwy with the system though kambo and myself were playing last night.. full lobby that then went through 4 migrations ended up with just me and kambo in the lobby

Maccabi Level 75

it could be that the it pics a good host, but the host after realising he is the host, try's to throttle his connection in order to get a better game experience, next game starts and instead of picking him it's looking for someone else.

just my 2$..

darkwitness

I understand if the host leaves, but when they do not and the host still changes, and not for the better, it makes me think things need tweeked.

WARzH311ion

I know the feeling dude, it's frustrating playing against 3bar connections, then you see the lobbies are full of eastern Europeans or folk's from the Med or even Russia or the USA so the connection is going to be bad even though i thought the last patch was supposed to redifine the regions? and i find it does seem to get worse at night, though i guess it depends on what time you play and the search criteria looking for available players for the game mode you want to play? etc

Mandude1

I have been saying what the OP said since day 1.

One thing I notice is that if a party joins the lobby, the game will regularly decide to give the host to the new party. This is why in FFA, I can hold host for hours.

SanAndreasPsych1

Studios