The Decline & Rebirth Of My Love For Call Of Duty

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Thank you too for reading. A lot of the guys I played with have given up on BO2 and now play other games so I usually play alone with randoms. And yes, I'm far happier now I've found the light lol

Redoctober1967

Redoctober1967 wrote:

First off, I'm 45. Old enough to

know that writing such a large rant  thread is not necessary!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

A rant? Hardly. Gladly I'm able to string more than one or two sentences together and fully explain myself.

Redoctober1967

Redoctober1967 wrote:

A rant? Hardly. Gladly I'm able to string more than one or two sentences together and fully explain myself.

Yes, I am an older gamer but appreciate short - to the point threads just like the next guy.

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

Each to their own Smiley Happy

Redoctober1967

I loved reading it, redoctober. Especially the first part.

Im a little younger (33 in a couple months) but I too can remember the cabinet unit storing space invaders with the big red handle (I suppose an early joystick) you would find in pubs during the early/mid eighties. I can remember spending loads of 10ps while my parents were having a right old drink in the bar haha.

I stil havel my NES after all these years. My favourite though was the amiga 500 and then 600 with the floppy discs. I was addicted to speedball and pang. The biggest moments in my gaming life  was DOOM on the..crap I cant remember what I played it on now? Then Halo on XBOX, then COD on the PC and then my favourite of all  time - World at War. What game that is! Its immense and the most intense online gameplay ever. I still play it now.

BareMountain

3,965 posts. I wonder how many you write based off ignornant assumptions. Read the post. He found something he enjoys (combat training). I've also heard that combat training doesn't have the connection issues (lag comp or whatever) the public gaming does. He finds other reasons to enjoy the gamemode. So please don't go off saying things like that before reading. You may be wrong and it is not necessary!

steve309

steve309 wrote:

3,965 posts. I wonder how many you write based off ignornant assumptions. Read the post. He found something he enjoys (combat training). I've also heard that combat training doesn't have the connection issues (lag comp or whatever) the public gaming does. He finds other reasons to enjoy the gamemode. So please don't go off saying things like that before reading. You may be wrong and it is not necessary!

I wasn't bashing his view, and I did read it ~ but as a thread reader I simply stated that its not necessary to write so much. Again I was not bashing him, in no way.

And what does my post count have to do with anything?

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

Because you highlighted his intro of being 45. So I highlighted your post count as experience and maybe you ought to know what to write in response to other people.

It is ok to state that the thread is long, but you wrote "rant" and now have it dashed out. Rant on these forums or any forum is a very negative conotation. Now before reading such a long post, a reader may seek out a few responses to just get a glimpse if it should be read. If they see "rant", they think that the thread is a rant and not bother when in fact it is entirely different.

If you did read it, I do not know where you got "rant" from.

Anyways..

steve309

cheers steve, I did cross out the word out of respect for the OP.

of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

Studios