THIS IS AN INFORMATION POST FOR ALL PLAYERS REGARDING LEAGUE

Black Ops II Xbox 360

perhaps but too me it is still the same which is why I find it both funny and annoying when people say it is better.

Yes I have see some good matches in LP, but I have seen them in core and hc just as often. I have seen core and hc matches that went down to the wire, both teams even in score and the last kill decided the win many times. I have seen in LP where teams have completed trashed the other team and ran off with the win making it a silly match to even be in. I just dont see it as any better, just because they removed a few things and gave it a different ranking system or call it League. To me it is the same game. Nothing special about other then the name of the list. Just like how HC players always want to think that hc is harder or better than core, when taht is not true either.

trialstardragon Level 70

I can go play a game of Public SND by myself and win the game by myself.  When I play LP, I don't have to carry my team because they are closer to my skill level.

No one is really saying it takes more skill to play, no one is really saying it is harder, etc.  It is just more competitive because the competition is closer to my skill level.  I rather play with people on Halo that were 45-50 rather than people that were 1-10 after each had played 100 games, because the level 45-50s were closer to my skill level and the matches were closer.  When I started new accounts on Halo 3, levels 1-30 were super easy and that is what publics are in COD.  Every now and then will some guy that also started a new account will show up on the other team, and the result could end in a closer game, but either one of our teammates would quite and the advantage would be given to one of us.

Remember games on Halo 3 when I started new accounts, I would go into Team Doubles by myself and 25-0 people without even trying.  That is basically what I do in BO2 Publics all day long.  There is hardly any competition in Publics.  When I played against 50s in Halo 3 the scores were more around 25-20.  Not all close games in Publics are due to equally skilled players.

Good competition would be all players being around the same skill level playing against one another.  That is what LP does.  Publics may even the teams out but the players are nowhere near the same skill levels.  That is why you see people go -20 and others go +30 in TDM and the Score is 75-72.  When you put equally skilled players against one another the scores and K/D ratios would be closer to the 1 mark.  On Halo 3 my K/D in Ranked Matches was a 1.2 wereas my K/D in Social Matches was a 2.0.  The games would still be close but the skill gap in players is the big difference.

LP really only lessens the skill gap of players by putting players around the same skill level together.  Publics hardly ever do this and that is why you always have people going massively negative or massively positive.  When you go look at Pro gamers, you rarely see someone only die ~5 in a game of HP or CTF.  They normally die ~25 times.  This is due to a smaller skill gap in players.

RallyOrDie

trialstardragon wrote:

Have to disagree, I have seen really poor teams in LP before. On a level I had ot check to make sure I was in LP and not normal because of how bad the teams were and it happend like this for 10+ games in a row. So to say that on general the games in LP are better or higher skilled is not exactly true. I have seen some normal and hc games that more competitive aspects and game play than many LP games I was in. I have seen LP games where one team dominated the other team so bad I was sure I was playing against bots or something on regular level.

You can get better at the game by playing either normal, hc, or league, none of them above the other really makes you a better player at all any more than the other. So claiming that one does is false and misleading.

Generally when one plays competatively almost every game, one will get better at the game. Playing HC will not make you better at league or core because of the damage difference and the whole different play style compared to league and core.

Core is more a social playlist.

League is the competative version of the social playlist.

HC is a different.

So stating that I am being misleading, well, this being my post it is my opinion, Don't like it? Not my problem.

noosh

noosh wrote:

trialstardragon wrote:

Have to disagree, I have seen really poor teams in LP before. On a level I had ot check to make sure I was in LP and not normal because of how bad the teams were and it happend like this for 10+ games in a row. So to say that on general the games in LP are better or higher skilled is not exactly true. I have seen some normal and hc games that more competitive aspects and game play than many LP games I was in. I have seen LP games where one team dominated the other team so bad I was sure I was playing against bots or something on regular level.

You can get better at the game by playing either normal, hc, or league, none of them above the other really makes you a better player at all any more than the other. So claiming that one does is false and misleading.

Generally when one plays competatively almost every game, one will get better at the game. Playing HC will not make you better at league or core because of the damage difference and the whole different play style compared to league and core.

Core is more a social playlist.

League is the competative version of the social playlist.

HC is a different.

So stating that I am being misleading, well, this being my post it is my opinion, Don't like it? Not my problem.

in my opinion is that if you can dominate League you shouldnt have problems elsewhere. (and HC is the game set to easy)

deamonomic

I don't have problems elsewhere though? where did that come from lol

noosh

Disagree you do not get better just because you play League. You do not gain skill or become a better player just for playing in one game mode any more different than any other game mode. Dont like my view on it, well tough.. See I can play that game too.

trialstardragon Level 70

Playing competative football regulary increases your ability to play football better in comparision to social football players.

World cup football players are better than the average joe playing football in the park.

noosh

World Cup football players train more than average players. It is not just because they play world cup football. So no playing it regularly will not make you better than someone who just plays normal. No one way of playing is really better than another, but of course competitive players will always try to say otherwise to defend how they play. Just like HC players thinking that HC is harder then Core when it is not.

trialstardragon Level 70

The people that play in MLG, train a lot.  They are much better players than the average player.

RallyOrDie

My point is competition makes you makes you better. The more games you play that are competative the better you become.

I personally do not try on social games, I do well, but I find it way too easy. League play I have a tough time most games. League play KD's are usually low positive. Social KDs are usually high positive.

noosh

Studios