Black Ops II Xbox 360

Stats...

Who wants them to be removed from the game itself?  Stats only visible on Elite.  Only stats shown ingame are Total Games Played, Wins, and D/C Percentage.

Just something I want people to think about, would Call of Duty be different today if stats were no longer visible?  It feels like I am pressured to have a high K/D to prove that I am a good player, but when I have a good K/D people see it and call me out for a booster, cheater, etc., or leave the game.  I think the game wouldn't be as serious and more enjoyable because there isn't this pressure to have good stats to prove that you are a good player.

Vrruumm
10 REPLIES

Re: Stats...

in reply to Vrruumm

decent point, but depends what a GOOD K/D  is to you. mine is 1.05 and i'm happy with that.  i'm nothing amazing, but i enjoy games a ton when my team wins and i go 15 k and 13 deaths. 

it's what you make of it. if youre in a clan that expects 2.00 k/d , then yeah the game seems tooo serious

Baylorballs

in reply to Baylorballs

K/D doesn't make people good or bad players.  It is what they do to win that makes them good or bad players.  You could have a .8 K/D and be a better player than someone with a 3.0 K/D just because you do what ever it takes to win.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

Keep in on Combat Records for people to be able to track their own progress. I use my information for me and to know how I am doing.

Remove "Lobby Leaderboards" and only post stats in a League-type setting.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I had said to make stats only visible on Elite.  Get rid of them on the game itself.

What do you mean by League-type settings?

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

If they have a league, keep stats for League Play.   Keeps those players honest and can be monitored for boosting or other misdeeds in a smaller environment.

Otherwise, Let Pub Lobbies be fun. Remove Lobby Leaderboards to remove the E-Peen factor.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Okay.  I understand, keep stats in League Play.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

K/D should only apply to TDM. I think you're kind of right about stats, they make the game less fun & more stressfull but they do make it a bit more immersive by giving it a competitive edge, extending the games shelf life.

There's always going to be some fool pointing at his 10 K/D thinking he's a naughty god because he dashboards every negative game & there's always going to be the uptight try hard clans who demand the elite but haven't realised people manipulate thier stats daily making them count for nothing in any case.

Message was edited by: greatsirkain

greatsirkain2

in reply to Vrruumm

I think the game would be much more fun without the K/D Ratio. As someone mentioned before, have stats saved/shown for League Play as that is for keeps so to speak. TDM is more of an exhibition.

R_Thentik

in reply to Vrruumm

I agree, I believe this game would be more enjoyable without stats, or at least no K/D... I constantly find myself going into SUPER TRY HARD MODE and stressing over my K/D. I'm only a level 43, 0 prestige, but I already plan to Fresh Start and try even harder.

Vendetta_Wings

Studios