Spawn Point Camping RUINING Hardcore CTF

Black Ops II Xbox 360

My exprience to get rid of campers at the flag is throowing a smoke grenade and wait.

Most of the time they will randomly shoot to get a kill, at that moment kill them and get the flag.

Also have 2 semtexes you can throw at them while they are shooting at the smoke screen.

Most of the times this works for me.

dweez1988

emp's are alot better than smoke one emp at the flag your trying to capture takes out all the traps the other team as setup i got a uav from one emp and grabbing the flag,  for me smoke is better for domination

banned-again

That would definitely work on regular CTF. Not sure about hardcore though, I literally was getting knifed right where I spawned the second I spawned. No matter if I spammed the trigger/left/right button I couldn't even get one shot off.

VTPlayer4111

Do not blame the players.  Blame the game designers for being down right dumb when it came to designing these maps.  The spawn system fail is a direct result of the poor map design.  BO2 features the worst maps of any CoD period.   

The players are just playing the game Treyarch designed.  The solution is easy.  All maps need to be 30% larger.  Larger maps mean more room and more places to spawn.  The solution is not possible because Treyarch is not going to re-release 20 new maps with 30% more room.  They could potentially give away the BO1 maps which would improve the game play in BO2 by 50% given that most of those maps were large enough to not be in a constant spawn killing situtation. 

A team will set up to control the map and to do this on these small maps it means you are going to get spawn killed.  If you don't shoot them they are going to shoot you as soon as they see you.  So what is a player to do?  Wait to be fired upon?  No this is HC they will be dead.  They shoot and move on to the next target. 

If I am between you and your flag, you are going to rush and do what every you can to get your flag back.  Am I supose to let you do that because you spawned in front of me?  No I am the defender and I am going to kill you to make sure we can capture the flag.  It is a kill or be killed game, if you happen to be spawning in the area I am defending there is nothing I can do other than shoot.  I did not design the absurd maps like hijacked but I like you am stuck with them. 

Also keep in mind on the larger maps (which are still very small) that Ghost does not work anymore and if you are not taking down UAV's you are going to be hunted.  If you play with a team that almost always has a UAV or VSAT up you are not going to lose many matches and it is going to result in spawn killing because you are going to get spawned next to the teammate that was just killed.

Then there is the VSAT, which with the group I play with means that from about the 3 minute mark on we are going to know where your are what direction you are facing almost every second of the match.  When you have six people that are great slayers running after large red triangles the other team is going to die alot.  Keep in mind that 1 VSAT insures at least 2-3 more VSATs.  Those VSATs ensure more VSATs and a lot of kills for the team. 

The only way to fix the issue is to play with a team.  If you can't do that play HC KC or TDM.  The spawns are way crazy, you trade getting killed from behind all the time for getting spawn killed.

This is all a direct result of the maps.  So think about that before you buy a season pass or any of the DLC.  

MrJDubbs11

I hear ya, but I still blame the players for exploiting the ridiculous respawn system Treyarch produced. The reason I'm passionate about that statement is because I purposely do not create a spawn killing trap. There may be a small majority of players like me and a lot of players might mistake my kindness for a weakness but when It comes to objective games Its "plant the bomb, protect the bomb", "grab the flag, cap the flag", "cap the HQ, protect the HQ".. I do my best and try my hardest not to trap a spawn and repeatedly spawn kill to win an objective game. KC, Hard Point and Dom i find are a little different from the rest because of "flanking the enemy" which creates respawning chaos and trapping. But not repeated spawn killing.

BKBLAZER

Let's say you are trying to control the left side of the boat on Hijacked.  So you have a teammate run the under route to pop up and get the flag.

However since the spawns are often on either side or behind the flag it is in your best interest to make sure that people are looking down the sides of the map to cover you as you run out to grab the flag. 

So people are set up on the outside of each side.  The runner pops out and gets killed.  This could happen multiple times. 

The two people are not going to back off their positions just to wait for the runner to get back in position.  They are going to hold it and thus creating the spawn killing problem.  There are spawn points in the back or front of the boat that cannot be seen from these postions and they should be the primary spawns. 

The next time the flag carrier pops out he kills first and catches three people spawning in the back so the next three spawn on the sides and are instantly killed.  The flag carrier runs and caps the flag. 

You have no idea how many times people still spawn in front or right behind you as the flag carrier.  You have to make sure people are in respawn before you grab it to make sure you can get out of the spawn area.  It is just how the gamemode works. 

I am not debating the ethics behind spawn killing.  I believe it is wrong.  However in this game you cannot spawn trap you can only spawn kill and that is the problem.  Spawn trapping is a legitimate strategy however the maps do not allow for this to happen. 

MrJDubbs11

I agree 100%. But I still blame and report deliberate and relentless spawn killers that succeed and ruin my game experience. I don't report a lot of players even though I get spawn killed a lot. Just the ones that I really feel need a looking at.

BKBLAZER

I rather another player ruin my experince than the bad development of the game. Anytime I lose, at the core it ruins or at least degrades my experience but it is no reason to report, unless they are actually cheating.

nohopeinc

If they deliberately sit one player from their team on each of 4 spawn points that is cheating. It's not degrading an experience, it's cheating. Especially on hardcore. You don't have a single opportunity to fight back. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Literally the second you spawn you die. That's what I'm talking about here. Blatant, obvious spawn camping that is deliberate cheating and exploitation.

VTPlayer4111

When I say ruin my game experience, I'm not talking about losing horribly or getting my ass whipped like going 5/15. I'm talking about not being able to play the game at all becuse I walk 2 steps, look down my sights and then die over and over. You get enraged and want to quit. I play the game, and dying on an even playing field is fine with me, as long as its fair and even.

BKBLAZER

Studios