Black Ops II Xbox 360

Having played most COD games on multiplayer, i must say that this is the worst of them all for Spawn Killing it is not the fault of the player's as they spawn next to each other, but their are a few who take advantage of this and deliberately hang around spawn spots. These are the worst kind of player. I must admit that this part of the game is ruining it for me, so i won't be buying Ghosts unless their is a fix to Black ops 2

D1daddio
12 REPLIES 12

Sadly there would be no change to the spawn killing problem. I rarely get spawn killed in any game type the only thing you can do is to try your best to prevent the enemys advancing close to your team which is rarely done in a Call of Duty game. Communucation is the best thing but once again the community is so bad you will no doubt get shouted at by some 6 year old who has no idea of communication skills or by some prick in general who doesnt like you because you're from a different country. Overall there is no way to stop it the maps are too small (Which i hate) and are too much of a clusterfuck (Which i also hate) that you are almost certainly going to spawn 4 feet from an enemy thats how MW3 worked and thats how this game works and no doubt future CoD games will have this same problem which is just a shame. Sorry for going off topic but the best way to combat against Spawn killing is to do it yourself, yes i know thats not everyones cup of tea but sometimes you have to go a little out of your way in this game to have some amounts of fun. Hope this helped.

xKAOITICSHOTZx

Cheers for the advice, I spose being in my mid forties i believe in fair play (even in war) I do agree with the maps being to small and teams encroaching on your side. But the bit that makes it less enjoyable is when someone camps at the spawn, other than this i really like the game

D1daddio

Im glad it helped in some way. The only thing that can really be done to prevent the campers in your spawn is to offer a spawn protection system like Gears of War and Counter Strike but other than that the only way for that camper to go is if you can somehow kill him or reverse the situation and go bone his team so he's left with nothing.

xKAOITICSHOTZx
in reply to xKAOITICSHOTZx

I like that idea, i shall take your advice on board. Thanks

D1daddio

If they are setting up spawn killing traps then just leave and report them in game and hopefully they will get banned Smiley Happy

Brutalshotme

Sometimes you have to keep checking your back on maps such as nuketown and others that are notorious fow people spawning right behind you. I wouldn't consider this spawn camping.

socratesxxx

Spawn killers are the lowest form of life in CoD, slightly above Hackers/Cheaters/Boosters.

Spawn kills happen, but those who abuse the spawn system should be ashamed.

That being said, the Devs need to improve the Spawn system in future games. While a good, communicative team can usually lessen the impact of the spawns by coordinating positions and not pushing spawns, the spawns are still highly frustrating on this game.

I should never get tactical position, eliminate an enemy only to have that enemy immediately spawn behind me for the revenge kill. I should be able to take and secure an area of the map without enemies spawning there. It isn't fair to the person spawning, as they are helpless, and it isn't fair to the individual who made the tactical progression into the area. I can't tell you how many times I have taken an area, cleared it out, and then been killed while doing a tac reload by the same enemy I just neutralized (another reason the HC Spawn timer should have never been taken out to appease the impatient masses).

There has to be a better way. Either "Ghost" players upon spawning similar to CS:GO, or figure out a way to spawn players in a secure area. The HC Spawn Timer needs to be reinstated(perhaps just lower the wave timer?) as without it the spawns are far worse. It really needs to be addressed, and I hope they do so in future titles. It would be amazing, though I am not sure if feasible, for them to experiment with tweaks in this title to see what works and what is failing.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Spawn killers are the lowest form of life in CoD, slightly above Hackers/Cheaters/Boosters.

Spawn kills happen, but those who abuse the spawn system should be ashamed.

That being said, the Devs need to improve the Spawn system in future games. While a good, communicative team can usually lessen the impact of the spawns by coordinating positions and not pushing spawns, the spawns are still highly frustrating on this game.

I should never get tactical position, eliminate an enemy only to have that enemy immediately spawn behind me for the revenge kill. I should be able to take and secure an area of the map without enemies spawning there. It isn't fair to the person spawning, as they are helpless, and it isn't fair to the individual who made the tactical progression into the area. I can't tell you how many times I have taken an area, cleared it out, and then been killed while doing a tac reload by the same enemy I just neutralized (another reason the HC Spawn timer should have never been taken out to appease the impatient masses).

There has to be a better way. Either "Ghost" players upon spawning similar to CS:GO, or figure out a way to spawn players in a secure area. The HC Spawn Timer needs to be reinstated(perhaps just lower the wave timer?) as without it the spawns are far worse. It really needs to be addressed, and I hope they do so in future titles. It would be amazing, though I am not sure if feasible, for them to experiment with tweaks in this title to see what works and what is failing.

happend 10x's more in MW3. specifically when playing face off 2v2... 3v3 was just a nightmare, you were absolutely going to be spawning infront/behind enemies and somtimes you and an enemy will spawn on the exact same spot at the same time!

deamonomic

Faceoff was an interesting idea horribly executed. Spawns were awful. If one can spawn trap... in a 1v1, the design is flawed.

In regular MP, however, I never had a huge issue with the spawns, just the normal bad spawn now and then.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios