So this is why i play with EU only

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Besides BO 2 crashing on me when in a lobby and about to start the MP game today's update also gives me this:

Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.

So... to play with US or Asian players I would have to change the setting back to any with my 60MB broadband connection and be the

host 2 out of 3 and have triple lag that other game I play since I get matched with 1MB or less connections?

Good thinking of Mr. Vonderhaars team, even mess it up more for people who pay for high broadband internet to be able to play lag free then some *

oversea think they need to tune you down for that so that a game becomes unplayble and do all sorts of other stuff to a game that's still very messy after 2.5 months out now.

Get the problems sorted out by using REAL servers for MP gaming instead of this, the sale figures aren't all that and going on the same route will make the DLC sales a laugh..

Im not buying them, got all the rest of COD stuff but this edition zou je aan de honden nog niet te vreten geven.

a very dissapointed customer

lostchild1
14 REPLIES 14

lostchild wrote:

Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.

So... to play with US or Asian players I would have to change the setting back to any with my 60MB broadband connection and be the

host 2 out of 3 and have triple lag that other game I play since I get matched with 1MB or less connections?

Good thinking of Mr. Vonderhaars team, even mess it up more for people who pay for high broadband internet to be able to play lag free then some *

oversea think they need to tune you down for that so that a game becomes unplayble and do all sorts of other stuff to a game that's still very messy after 2.5 months out now.

that 60mb you refer to is bandwidth it has nothing to do with how your game works

not really seeing the point of this whine to be honest, why would you want to be matched with us and asian players if you find the game is laggy?

Maccabi Level 75

maccabi wrote:

not really seeing the point of this whine to be honest, why would you want to be matched with us and asian players if you find the game is laggy?

I was about to ask the same question

vims2011

maccabi wrote:

that 60mb you refer to is bandwidth it has nothing to do with how your game works

Does upload bandwidth not determine who is host now?

SitRepPro

Rustig jonge.

This should help, not sure what the problem with this tweak is. Playing across continents in a fps like cod only creates problems because the game plays so quickly.

Ss78_

Kben heel rustig hoor, t'is alleen een beetje te gek voor woorden wat ze bij Activision flikken en game ontwikkelaars in hun val meenemen want die proberen wel maar huppelen er lekker achteraan.

There is NO problem when you use a DEDICATED server for this kind of high traffic games no matter what bandwide the client connects with it does not give all the clients on that server a * game due to the server tuning down to handle the slow response stuff... reserving bandwith to accept response from is one of them, no prob on a dedicated but on any other server an big mess.

Bo2 is a laugh, compared to BO1 it's frightening how they could ruin a game so quickly.

This game makes playing online something like a roulette: will it work today or not? and if so.. can i only play in the morning till 11 before lag and being host becomes unbearable.

lostchild1

I really can't say too much about the effect of ATVI on the game studios as I'm not privy to the inside communications. The ex IW people shared your same view though.

They've made their mind up about dedis, I don't agree with their decision either but it is what it is.

Can I ask if it's mainly when hosting the game is not enjoyable?

Misschien moet je HC proberen, die problemen zijn er nog maar je hebt er minder last van.

Ss78_

lostchild wrote:

There is NO problem when you use a DEDICATED server for this kind of high traffic games no matter what bandwide the client connects with it does not give all the clients on that server a * game due to the server tuning down to handle the slow response stuff... reserving bandwith to accept response from is one of them, no prob on a dedicated but on any other server an big mess.

Bo2 is a laugh, compared to BO1 it's frightening how they could ruin a game so quickly.

This game makes playing online something like a roulette: will it work today or not? and if so.. can i only play in the morning till 11 before lag and being host becomes unbearable.

Theres no need for deis either, bo1 didnt have dedis and you said that was fine, so theres that arguement out the window

as for bandwidth the game uses around 0.04mbps when playing if you arent host so theres that arguement following the first out the window

Maccabi Level 75

Maybe cuzz bo1 was treyarch work and not some rushed cash croppin acti *?

dunno but eeeeehh doesn't o.o4 mb sound a little on the VERY low side when it comes to high traffic actions required from a server..

ohno simulated can handle that easily...

im from IT (before car accident) server maintenance and if you came to me with this crap on the workfloor your out the door asap.

If you want something on server side you have to pay for the hardware and make sure that the software that will be running on that server is able to make use of the servers capabillities.. clients CAN connect on low bandwith if the server is capable of handling the stuff that the client lacks server side and this is where BO2 and MW3 made a slip and slide.

So faith.. youre that 2-3 stripe player that gets the most out of the game being on the same team and i get eaten up  with full bars due to lag compo

yeah, great way to play MP

lostchild1

lostchild wrote:

dunno but eeeeehh doesn't o.o4 mb sound a little on the VERY low side when it comes to high traffic actions required from a server..

ohno simulated can handle that easily...

sorry that is a fact, the game uses around 0.04mbps bandwidth when you play (not as host) play for hour you wont even have downloaded or uploads more than around 15mb of data in that time so yeah ....

lostchild wrote:

im from IT (before car accident) server maintenance and if you came to me with this crap on the workfloor your out the door asap.

Actually i'd probably have gotten your job

with the upmost of respect , complaing is fine, its expected but please dont pull stuff out of your waahoozy as you will get pulled up and made to look silly as a result. It actually ruins what could've been a complaint that had some worth.

Maccabi Level 75

Studios