Sniping possible?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

After looking through the game and perks I am only really concerned with one thing, and that is whether or not sniping will be a legitimate possibility.  I'm not talking about running around and quick scoping that makes me ill to see people doing that as it is a completely silly idea and I won't do it based on principle alone.  I mean without a true way to go invisible from UAV I am concerned this will take my favorite part of the game out of commission. Do they expect for people to be moving every 5 seconds with a sniper?

champainenova
2 REPLIES 2

Hutch was asked about Sniping, and he said it felt a lot like COD4.

You can still snipe. In fact the changes may work to your advantage. Get a good vantage point, set up some protection around you like a Claymore or a Betty. Pick people off as they Pac Man their way to your Dot. UAVs are easier to take down than ever per the Devs, so take them down. Take a few shots, and then relocate. That is what a good sniper does. Adapt... or use a different weapon.

Its an arcade shooter... not a lay around and hope someone walks into my scope shooter. Good snipers use a mix of Stealth and tactical movement.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
Highlighted
in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I suppose if people are shooting down UAV then it's not a big deal.  I just hope I still have my abilities go park it and essentially take myself out of people's immediate kill zones.  The maps do look as though they will help with that quite a bit.  After MW3 I am just a bit hesitant to let myself get excited about the 10-20 kill games with a sniper where I only die 0-6 times. 

champainenova

Studios