Black Ops II Xbox 360

Ive just got home from work so I logged into live and fired up Black ops 2, went straight to multiplayer and got hit with a probation for leaving early, yet i havent even played a match yet. What gives 3Arc? Is it because i quit a match BEFORE it started last night so i could get to sleep before going to work today or is your system just having a hissy fit and throwing probations out when it feels like?

crymanwr
23 REPLIES 23

Not having been put on probation ever I wouldn't know from personal experience but from what I've heard if you get put on probation, you have to keep your console on for the clock to wind down.  So it literally makes you sit there waiting for 5 minutes.  By your description, it sounds like you gameplay from the night before earned you a probation and you hadn't served your time.  Leaving a lobby before the match starts won't cause a probation.  However, if you dashboarded (turned your power off) the lobby you may have been considered to still be in the lobby when the game started and then it would count as a dashboard from the game and that would get you probation.

phxs72

its my first one so i cant say why i got it, i quit the lobby by backing out to the menu with less than 10 seconds to go before we started loading into the game.

crymanwr

By before it started to you mean the countdown hadn't ended or you were still in pregame lobby?

malditor

still in the pre game lobby when i quit, the map had been chosen but i was not loading anything. the last thing i was looking at was the lobby leaderboard, then i quit.

crymanwr

Did you think just that ONE issue was why you got probation ? You dont get probation of doing something ONE time.

starbuckfrack Level 72

no i dont think that, yes ive quit a few games early to join friends matches, but to get probation from quitting the pre game lobby kind of defeats the purpose of the feature doesnt it?

crymanwr

I have never been put on probation. Wonder why, Oh yeah I havent ever quit a game.

Probation recording is continous . You dont get a new clean slate every day for leaving games.

starbuckfrack Level 72

i wouldnt be here if i had quit early, i undertstand that i will get probation if i leave games early constantly, when i quit last night i was in the pre game lobby so i guess that kind of screws your theory of me rage quitting.

crymanwr

What I mean is why count that one time as the reason you got probation, unless of course you actually WERE in that game when it started.

Sorry Gotta go.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios