Please patch HC bouncy betty team kill trolling

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I searched on this and found a mish mash of stuff, but not the exact problem. Sorry if it's a double post.

Could Treyach please make a small patch in hardcore in regards to bouncy betties and claymores? It's a real simple problem. You drop a bouncing better or claymore. Then some douchebag, troll walks right up to it, sticks his gun barrel in it and pulls the trigger. The betty or claymore goes off and you get a teamkill. They do this to you three times and poof, you are kicked from the game.

I completely understand if an enemy sets off your betty and it explodes and kills team mates. It happens. No problem if someone throws a grenade or something legitimate and your betty or clamore detonates and kills a team mate. That is completely legit... but this is some crap when some stupid troll with nothing better to do, purposely aims at your better or claymore and kills himself.. FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN TO GET YOU KICKED.

It's a real simple fix guys. Just make it to where bullets do not cause the better or claymore to cause a team kill. If someone on your own team shoots the betty or claymore, it just suicides them and doesn't count against you.

I know some people may think this isn't right because during a gunfight if your betty is accidentally shot, it is no different than any other reason it may go off and cause a team kill. Technically, I agree.. but how often does a bullet accidentally hit a betty or claymore? It is so rare, it's not even worth the penalty. If a team mate's bullet hits a betty or claymore, it is useally on purpose. They aimed at it, and shot it. This is not fair to team mates who are leaving bettys or claymores on the teams flank, basically doing their job.. then some douchebag thinks it will be funny to get you kicked by shooting it.

Please.. team bullet contact should be the only thing I think. I watched a guy do it to me and he practically stood right on top of the betty when he shot it. Any other means of setting it off, like throwing a grenade or something, would probably kill them with their own grenade before the betty does. So bullets should do it.

Thanks

sqitso1
19 REPLIES 19

Last time I checked claymores do not give you team kills but the Betty does. Hmmmmmm just gotta wonder if they were truly shooting your Betty because they were sick of your placement of them or that they would get killed when an enemy ran up and they both died making them lose there scorestreak as well? Do you blame others if you throw random grenades and you team kill?  I play hc all the time claymores are fine, if you use Betty make sure of where you put it and communicate. If you are placing them in bad areas causing them to get your team killed then great you should get kicked. Here is your sign stop using the betty.

MindSpazms Level 75

It has nothing to do with bad areas, and everyting to do with people who troll their teammates all the time. I recently had an idiot teammate who would spray his Peacekeeper in HC Dom and wound up team killing me twice. He put down a betty as I was running behind him, so I shot it, and he got kicked. It has nothing to do with communicating, because you can tell someone not to shoot your betties, and they still will. Do you even play this game?

Noob_Lyncher

I stopped reading the op after he included claymores.... Do you even play this game? 

MindSpazms Level 75

OUHATEME wrote:

Last time I checked claymores do not give you team kills but the Betty does. Hmmmmmm just gotta wonder if they were truly shooting your Betty because they were sick of your placement of them or that they would get killed when an enemy ran up and they both died making them lose there scorestreak as well? Do you blame others if you throw random grenades and you team kill?  I play hc all the time claymores are fine, if you use Betty make sure of where you put it and communicate. If you are placing them in bad areas causing them to get your team killed then great you should get kicked. Here is your sign stop using the betty.

Yes... yes I do... Specifically if they run over and pick up my grenade and start treating it like a replacement for their pet rock. Which is basically the equivilent of what the OP is saying. You can control where you throw your grenades, you can control your placement. You cant control a team meber dilbertly shooting the thing of their own free will. Thats the poing of his topic.

you should have actually tried reading the post before replying. no one ever reads posts here. and yes I do (before someone... I see you back there!... tries to say other wise) or atleast I try to

and If the developers have the chance I would actually like to see a solution thought up for this problem. though I dont use claymores anymore, Players should not have the option of doing these kind of things IMO. (i love them though... Click... "fubar"... BOOM)

deamonomic

People have a right to be douchebags just like yoiu have a right to mark them avoid.

Blame the douchebag, not the developers.

Are you going to want a patch to prevent people blocking your way on purpose next ?

starbuckfrack Level 72

The only reason I included claymores was because I switched to claymores, because of the betty trolling. Next thing I know I see the same guy getting killed by my claymore twice.. then of course I saw a 3rd time and I was kicked. I wasn't camping and I was placing them in different spots. Didn't seem right that the same person was killed by my claymore 3 times in a row. If they aren't a problem then that's fine and it was just a really bad coincidence... but I know bettys are a problem.

sqitso1

Reason I mentioned claymore, if they shot your claymore to get killed it is a suicide counts against them not you. I have never been kicked for using claymores. The Betty does count against you though.

MindSpazms Level 75

every single post i have read of yours this week is sticking up for COD/treyarch. do you work for them?

not sure how anybody can stick up for treyarch on this. if claymores give them suicides, why not bettys? that is the only LOGICAL response to this topic. do not stick up for idiotic moves by treyarch anymore please

EDIT: after seeing your 11,400 posts....im guessing you do work for them, because that is more posts on here than people post on twitter...

sneed867

your posts are boring sneed. Troll somewhere else.

NoLifeKing29

Studios