Over priced camo and extra slots dlc

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

biron_w wrote:

Do people not realise that you don't actually HAVE to buy these things?

I was about to ask the same question myself.

To those complaining, these are optional items that are cosmetic, it doesn't impact gameplay.

It's not compulsary to purchase these items to play the game.

Hell, at least they're giving away Nuketown 2025 for free.

vims2011

Country flag titles were free in MW3. MW3 has 20% more weapons than BO2 (9). MW3 has fun clan ops with prizes and titles to add incentive to competitive team play. I could go on, but I'm trying to eat my lunch atm. I hear alot of anti-MW3 comments on this board, yet they seemed to do pretty well by comparison to money hungry 3arch. I mean you can try your hand at 1million dollar worth of prize money lol but lets be realistic. That only goes to a very very very small percentage of the gamers that support this game.

Onto the price point for these items, compared to free iterations in previous titles, I would say they are grossly overpriced lol. Anything over free for the same item is overpriced wouldn't you all agree? Just another piece of the game that was chipped away for profit margin imo.

JSlayer211

I normally don't post to forums or what not but now the time for me has come, because I am so fed up with this activision madness.

First off i've been playing Cod since Cod1. Enjoyed it and loved the series untill BO1. Always loved the treyarc games more than the infinty ward COD's.

Never thought to switch to a different game but i think the time has come to go and play another game.

This is due to the fact that I personally think activision/treyarc is ripping me off as a loyal follower of the game.

Think about it, You bought every game for 60$. because you love the series, than they say ok a map pack is released as dlc, Ok. So because you are a loyal player of the series you think i buy a season pass than i will have everything that comes out. Why? because you love this game. 1 Week after the release of this map pack you have to pay for a camo pack that had to be included in the dlc.

I can be wrong about this but I thought that with a season pass you got all the dlc. This is not the case but i remember someone working with treyarc saying this.

So now i feel ripped off and treyarc/activision doesnt give a ****. they already got a **** load of cash.

But this year they are not getting any more from me thats for sure!

slekkie

I normally don't post to forums or what not but now the time for me has come, because I am so fed up with this activision madness.

First off i've been playing Cod since Cod1. Enjoyed it and loved the series untill BO1. Always loved the treyarc games more than the infinty ward COD's.

Never thought to switch to a different game but i think the time has come to go and play another game.

This is due to the fact that I personally think activision/treyarc is ripping me off as a loyal follower of the game.

Think about it, You bought every game for 60$. because you love the series, than they say ok a map pack is released as dlc, Ok. So because you are a loyal player of the series you think i buy a season pass than i will have everything that comes out. Why? because you love this game. 1 Week after the release of this map pack you have to pay for a camo pack that had to be included in the dlc.

I can be wrong about this but I thought that with a season pass you got all the dlc. This is not the case but i remember someone working with treyarc saying this.

So now i feel ripped off and treyarc/activision doesnt give a ****. they already got a **** load of cash.

slekkie

slekkie

More complaints from the gimmie gimmie generation.

Restore_Hardcore

slekkie

slekkie wrote:

does your game work exactly the same as it did before the camos came out ..yes so you DONT need to buy the OPTIONAL micro items..

the season pass was clearly explained as a pass for map dlc.

you havent been ripped off

these posts are really getting annoying now

Maccabi Level 75

Value is in the eye of the beholder.  I'm a bit two sided on this one.  $2 isn't much money but if you consider that to get all 9 camoes you would be paying $18 which is roughly 1/3 of what you paid for BO2 then, yes they are overpriced.  Granted having the option to buy them separately is supposed to come at a premium.  Just look at auto part costs compared to the cost of buying a complete car.  So I say that the only right answer as to whether or not they are overpriced is they are what you feel they are.  Either you consider them a value or you don't.  I know I'm not spending $18 on 9 camoes but I may spend $2 on one or two of them that I really like.

phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

Value is in the eye of the beholder.  I'm a bit two sided on this one.  $2 isn't much money but if you consider that to get all 9 camoes you would be paying $18 which is roughly 1/3 of what you paid for BO2 then, yes they are overpriced.  Granted having the option to buy them separately is supposed to come at a premium.  Just look at auto part costs compared to the cost of buying a complete car.  So I say that the only right answer as to whether or not they are overpriced is they are what you feel they are.  Either you consider them a value or you don't.  I know I'm not spending $18 on 9 camoes but I may spend $2 on one or two of them that I really like.

i bought one camo that i liked.. i have a ton of msp points from free points awarded for xbl app promotions/xblrewards

i would add though it would've bene nice to include a all pack for say a discount

Maccabi Level 75

Studios