OK, help me out all

SOLVED

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I am loving the game, but after several years and several versions, I still suck at multiplayer. I've played the COD series since "3". Back then, I was about a 50/50 player. I started a gamebattles.com team and competed in several matches. We actually did very well and was one of the top teams competing. But, I continue to get worse. My kill ratio is more along the lines of 5/25 lately. I can't sit still, but even if I try to sneak around carefully, I get picked off.

I thought my TV was holding me back (poor graphics), so I bought a new LED 46" and have connected HD cables. I pay for the fastest internet connection available, yet I continue to get out-gunned. I can pull a bead on an approaching player, unleash a hail of bullets, yet he can jump, switch to his handgun in mid-air and take me out with with a sqeeze of the trigger. Now granted, some guys are really just that good. But I just don't see how I can continually be the worst player in every match! lol.

Is there a secret? A tactic? Something I've been missing these years that would get me at least close to being a 50/50 player?

Thanks and see ya' online.

AidanWolf
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
in reply to AidanWolf
Solution

Your first mistake is 46'' LED tv, big resolution, big tv, big input lag, swich to fast 2ms monitor with vga cable or crt monitor

sgtDLC
5 REPLIES 5
in reply to AidanWolf
Solution

Your first mistake is 46'' LED tv, big resolution, big tv, big input lag, swich to fast 2ms monitor with vga cable or crt monitor

sgtDLC

Interesting. I was just reading another thread where this is being discussed. I would have never thought the TV itself was lagging me, but it makes sense actually. I'm going to try changing to game mode and see if it helps. If not, it looks like I might be going shopping again.

I'm not complaining by any means, like I said, I love this game. Often, when I do get killed, I can tell I was simply out-gunned. But other times, I just can't see how the other player was able to shoot me after I've already drawn down and pulled the trigger long before they did. I do ten to get a lot of assists, so I am thinking I'm close...but just need those few extra milli-seconds to complete the kill before I get killed!

Thank you!

AidanWolf

Seminal post on this topic was a vid made last season by Woody. Just search his channel and you will find a nice summary.

gallp13

You welcome, I swiched to my crt monitor, you can test with crt TV and av cable, I am sure you have one old tv in your house

sgtDLC
Highlighted

If you can go sold positive kd against bots on hard (say 1.7 min) then you should get near 50/50 in MP.

Practice against bots and combat train to ease in.

Biggest and best tip is know you maps and spawns. If you know where they are likely to come from you can be ready behind good cover and control the gun fight.

gallp13

Studios