No Slow Controller...

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Has anyone heard of this controller. I have read the reviews and it seems to be a pretty liked controller. I was planning on getting one but I just wanted to know if anyone is using it or has used it and what they thought about it before I purchase one.

kkm4
46 REPLIES 46
kkm4

Scuff guarantee no slow turns on their controllers as well.

Mahburg1

Is that good or bad?? Not to sure what you mean?

kkm4

Sometimes on controllers your turn in combat can be slowed due to the nature of the construction, this will get you killed agains runners as they can flank you much quicker than you can turn.

Scuff <There are others> enhance the engineering standards to improve the speed of turn <or rather ensure they dont end up with an impeded turn>.

Certainly seems to work to me.

Mahburg1

for what I was reading about It, it sounds like a pretty good technology they have going on. Worth the money to me.

kkm4

Mahburg wrote:

Scuff guarantee no slow turns on their controllers as well.

Scuff are full of poop.

The ONLY thing they do to their controllers is add a few screws and some cheap wiring/button for the paddles. As for no slow turn ..yeah all they do is sand a teeeny tiny bit away around the hole where the stick goes in.

they do NOT change any components at all inside the controller itds a stock ms controller. and if its new shouldnt have any slow turn anyways (not that most people will have a clue what it is anyways)

if you have slow turn on a controller. its either wearing out after too much use or needs a good blast with a compressed air duster.

Just so everyone is clear scuff controllers are STOCK ms controller there is no special parts added (unless you count 4 5cent screws and $1 worth of wiring and button)  , they put 4 screws in it, solder a couple of wires for the paddle button and if you spend even more wasted money will give you a new set of fancy buttons and sticks that could be bought off the net for 1/3rd of the price anyways.

scuffs are a con and imo not worth anywhere near the money they charge

Maccabi Level 75

maccabi,

You should try to make a replica Scuf Controller. I spent about ~$100 on supplies ($20 soldering gun, $5 soldering coil, $10 wires/tac switches, $10 sandpaper 220grit/180grit/steel wool, $9 torx 8 screwdriver, $12 clear plastigrip, $5 for black screws, $40 for controller to mod, and I got lucky at ACE Hardware and they gave me some scrap Lexan to be cut and sanded otherwise you are talking about another $20 or more) This is also assuming you have a drill and the proper bits including a threader that is the right size which most people don't have and is another $5.

Soldering and figuring out which board you have inside your controller is a pain in the rear. Getting the wires to lay just right after the solder is a total pain. Getting all of your holes drilled symmetrically and even is next to impossible. Then, to top it off there is a very good chance that you will brick your controller (Happened to me after I am guessing I scraped too much off one of the contacts).

They are not easy to do right.

Until you have tried I would recommend sticking to things you seem to know more about.

zachsharp

What Mac is saying, is the logic board inside the pad, and the analog stick units are just bog standard Microsoft units.

And he is right.

iKushtyy

What he is saying is "scuffs are a con and imo not worth anywhere near the money they charge".

While he may be right about not being worth the money they charge they have sold a lot of those controllers so, clearly their business model and price point seem to be on par with the demand.

I was referring more to them being a con though.  They aren't a con because your average human being is going to spend a good chunk of money and have a heck of a time making a controller just like Scuf makes.

Also while the main components are stock; the paddles, domed thumbsticks and grip not to mention the custom painted designs are not easy to find of a good quality online or anywhere for that matter.

zachsharp

Studios