No Slow Controller...

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I dont think its a replace the sticks jobby. Its been dropped quite a few times by myself AND my son (and yes, I no longer leave my controllers in his reach since the dribble incident ) so I think I've most likely bust something inside it.

Bielsalmighty
Highlighted

This is a quote from the Controllershop.com on the no slow controller I am thinking about buying and I am wondering if this is anything different that what you all are talking about or if it is all just a bunch of hype.  "Your opponents are using our no slow controllers, shouldn't you? With a regular controller, you are ..."

http://www.thecontrollershop.com/No-Slow-Xbox-360-Controller-p/cnt-nso.htm

This is the link to the page.

kkm4

It is all just a bunch of hype to get you to buy their product. I've never even heard of that place. They basically charge you $80 for a regular wireless controller. Think about this. They say "thousands have been sold" meaning probly somewhere between 1,000 and 5,000. Black Ops 2 has sold more then 10 million copies on the Xbox alone. The chances of you running into someone like that is slim and none. Especially when those "thousands" of players could be playing other games or not playing at all.

My recomendation is to just buy a regular Xbox controller and you will be fine. No reason to spend the extra money when you don't have to.

Rednecksniper39

Basically like a couple of you said,,, Time for a new contoller. Mine is about worn out and have had it for a long time. Was just looking for something good but not modified. If this no slow is a bunch a hype guess I'll just go with a new stock MS controller. Thanks for the input guys.

kkm4

In my years of gaming I've found that third party/aftermarket controllers are a waste of money. IMO if you seriously want to improve your overall gaming experience without having to shell out a ton of money, take the advice and pick up some Kontrol Freeks.

AstariKnight

It cost me about $20 and 25 minutes of time to add the buttons to my controller a la scuf. I had screws from computer projects sitting around and some small gauge speaker wire also. I had never even attempted to solder before and still had little trouble doing the work myself. I used momentary asperin sized switches and removed the rumble motors permanently as I don't use them anyway. Compare that to even a discounted bottom end scuf controller I saved $70 and a lot of time waiting on the thing to arrive. While I don't agree that they are a con, they are kind of a rip off for the amount of time and work that goes into the controller. I also have freeks though, and they are definitely worth the money.

malditor

Do you feel that you made could be sold as a competitor to Scuf controllers?  Asprin size is pretty dang big for a tactile.  The ones I used were 5/8" long (should have bought 7/8") and half the size of the tip of an eraser from RadioShack (RadioShack only carries them in store but here is a link to pic - http://www.nkcelectronics.com/mini-push-button-switch--tall.html).  Even then soldering those to the right soldering point was difficult (not just soldering to the contact pad after scraping a bit of the contact off).  Here is a link to the Wireless controller matrix - good luck on this (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=581887). To make something that is not crap takes way more than 25 minutes.  I spent 8 hours at the minimum trying to get my controller done perfectly and still ended up using too much glue or scraping the soldering point too much.  I will have to assume you didn't make paddles or apply any type of grip which is standard on Scuf controllers from what I understand.  Sure you can add a couple tactiles in 25 minutes but you are also talking about doing something I personally would be too embarrassed to even talk about with friends or show on YouTube.

zachsharp

Clearly, a Scuf controller salesman,

iKushtyy

I've actually never owned one truth be told.  They are too expensive for me personally and as Maccabi said there is too much I have read about the Scuf's and how they wire etc. that turned me off of them.  I do see why they are popular and how they are an attractive item to your average consumer looking to get the edge.  Most people aren't hardcore enough to even look at what's inside their controller let alone do any ''mods''.

zachsharp

That size button actually is the same as the ones on the top, I went for that size because I felt it would be easier to use, however at this point I'd say smaller ones would definitely work fine. Do I think what I made could be sold, sure. The paddles on scuf seem to break, as I've heard and seen when looking into buying them, so buttons seem a better way to go anyway.. By no means was my first ever attempt perfect, the buttons aren't placed symmetrically on the controller. However as a first run it turned out pretty darn good. Even doing the soldering on the "wrong side" worked fine, as the upper buttons still function perfectly.

I could do the mod again in a much more time efficient manner while improving at the same time. Also, I did not put any type of grip on the controller, which is not standard on scuf, it's an extra cost to get that done. This was the finished product of my "embarrassing" work.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s664/malditor/controller_zpse1941839.jpg

malditor

Studios