New headset from Turtle Beach

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Turtle Beach have released a new headset Smiley Happy basically an upgrade from the PX-5s which in its self is a great H/S . They have changed a few things all of which is explained in the vid .

Probably the most significant is the duel band signal . As with the PX-5s or any turtle beach wireless headset they used the same frequency as most WI-FI products and this can sometimes cause interference . Though I have never had this problem and I own the PX-5s .

Only negative thing I have to say is why buy a high end H/S to play BO.2 ? Sound Whoring is basically impossible Smiley Sad I mostly play FFA and I've NEVER been able to hear someone coming up behind me and stabbing me ! Not once !

But they are good for watching movies etc and the Bluetooth is excellent use it all the time with my IPAD plus the new ones have duel band Bluetooth .

If your wanting to get a high end H/S I would defenetly consider these !!

Vid on the specs etc - https://www.youtube.com/embed/BoR39Ijel3g

smokesdope
7 REPLIES 7

I think the PX-5s are still a good headset.  Worth the ~$300 I paid for them.  But if were going to buy a new headset right now I would recommend the new Astros A40s or A50s.

Vrruumm

xp400s are great.

osubomber27

Okay.

Vrruumm

I got mine for £100 Smiley Tongue . If I was playing competitive , going to comps etc then yeah I would go for the Astros but as an all rounder watching movies, gaming etc I would defenety go for the PX-5s or the new ones .

The only thing that was swaying me towards the Astros was the customised plates and they aren't available on the new ones .

smokesdope

I think the new Astros are programmable and have bluetooth.

Vrruumm

They have presets and yeah they've got Bluetooth .

smokesdope

smokesdope wrote:

Turtle Beach have released a new headset Smiley Happy basically an upgrade from the PX-5s which in its self is a great H/S . They have changed a few things all of which is explained in the vid .

Probably the most significant is the duel band signal . As with the PX-5s or any turtle beach wireless headset they used the same frequency as most WI-FI products and this can sometimes cause interference . Though I have never had this problem and I own the PX-5s .

Only negative thing I have to say is why buy a high end H/S to play BO.2 ? Sound Whoring is basically impossible Smiley Sad I mostly play FFA and I've NEVER been able to hear someone coming up behind me and stabbing me ! Not once !

But they are good for watching movies etc and the Bluetooth is excellent use it all the time with my IPAD plus the new ones have duel band Bluetooth .

If your wanting to get a high end H/S I would defenetly consider these !!

Vid on the specs etc - https://www.youtube.com/embed/BoR39Ijel3g

Coming from the salesman at his second job selling TB headsets

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios