League Play is a failure?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Just started play HCKC...really hard to get use too.  Even though I played Quake in the 90's with no UAV.  HC is probably too much of a challenge for most people. 

HC should get more attention.

jahMoon

League play is dead IMO.

Its main issue is lack of interest from the population. If more people would play then the system would work 10X better. People would be matched up against people of their own skill, This would lead to people being placed properly more often, Because they are up against people of their own skill they no longer rage quit, because you have people around your skill you no longer have to carry your team, thus everyone is happy.

In Champions I got placed in Bronze. Why? because I was playing Solo, and It didnt matter how hard I played. I still lost every dam game. I play Like a masters. its where I should be. but thanks to 8-35 in KC over there I got screwed.

Now League play is not beyond saving. All they really need to do is to spark some interest. and petty things like double exp only in league or the like will not work. If they want League play to work, they need to give us something more then just a now hollow rank to fight over. We need rewards. Rewards that we can use.

What I want to see (or atleast along these lines) is this: Lets say you finish Bronze rank top 10, for this you get to pick one weapon to recieve a look (one which makes the weapon look badass if you will). and the #1 gets a unique look to it that no one but the other #1 from that season have.

For finishing Masters rank top 10, you get a raygun (modified for balance). the top 10 ray guns dont look like the ones from the zombies. the #1 player again gets a Unique raygun, and when you die, if the enemy that killed you tries to pick up your gun, if self destructs (doesnt kill or do any damage).

Things like that is what it will take to revive league.

deamonomic

I played a couple of matches as a replacement for my kids clan and they had to record the match.  They submitted the results to some web site.  Played in some LAN matches as backup too. 

If the league play is trying to replace that...it's no way it's going to happen.  The web site this was always an arguement and cheaters ruled.  The sponsered LAN events were a lot of fun.

League play doesn't have the fun of a LAN event and the clan play with that stupid web site was not fun.

jahMoon

jahMoon wrote:

I played a couple of matches as a replacement for my kids clan and they had to record the match.  They submitted the results to some web site.  Played in some LAN matches as backup too. 

If the league play is trying to replace that...it's no way it's going to happen.  The web site this was always an arguement and cheaters ruled.  The sponsered LAN events were a lot of fun.

League play doesn't have the fun of a LAN event and the clan play with that stupid web site was not fun.

that website was likely Gamebattles. and I have had A ton of fun there. Yes there are lots or people who try to cheat there. unfortunatly for them I be the one person you do not wish to cross I dont lose disputes to cheaters. ever.

I enjoy League play and Gamebattles because it offers the chance at competition that I otherwise would never get. seriously, Its either that or I start playing alone for the sole reason that I will have to carry my entire team. I play GB and League to find other people who are a similar level to me, which is a rare thing in pubs. I grew tired of simple Pub stomps back in BO 1.

Lan events are always fun. But league is the best way to get that level of competition regularly. again... if they can get more playing it.

deamonomic

Well first with only a pool of 430 people you think you're gonna be match against players close to your division? Hahaha... Why wouldn't you play TDM league which has 2000 players. It does a better job at matching your skill range because there are more players. And TDM doesn't matter as much if you play against a full team. I play solo there and I'm in the masters division pretty easy.

Pooklove
Highlighted

The reason it is a failure is because of the low playerbase, with so few players it cannot properly work and correctly match you up with those of similar skill all the time.

Now there are two reasons why it has a low player base. this first being probation. though an attempt to cut down on rage quitters all it really does in annoy players. Get put on probation enough times for one reason or another, and well a player is not going to want to come back and play in it any more.

The second reason is no real rewards. There is no real reason to play league right now, you just get a rank and emblem by your name in league matches. Big deal, not worth the effort it takes to get it for most players. Plus when the season resets you loose it all, so you have nothing to show for your efforts of past seasons.

What they need to do is to give a real reward to give players a better reason to play, nothing like a useless cammo. But something of real value. Perhaps if you were the top 3 in masters and platinum you would win either free or discounted dlc. something that would have a real value to the game itself.

So as each season progressed the winners would get the dlc for a discoun or free, and they could even maybe add in a free token for the lower ranks, maybe gold would get a free perma unlock token, or a prestige award token or both. Thus players would have a reason to go and play and try to win.

As it stands right now there is just no real reason to play it more than the 5 prematches to get a rank and division.

trialstardragon Level 70

Studios