Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Lag compensation

why create a game following from black ops and then add this crap lag compensation i have a good connection with ping and i get punished and manage to get killed by 2-3 bullets yet i can shoot others and they take about 10 plus before they die i think you should sort this out or it will be another fail of a game like mw3.

also i know this is via treyarch as i have tried playing the game on system link via xbs link and xlink kai and dont have any troubles atall so treyarch activision sort it out yet another fail since activision has been on the scene

Scripter666
17 REPLIES

Re: Lag compensation

in reply to Scripter666

Yep this game has some ''good'' Lag compensation

bavaria

in reply to bavaria

na its far from good mate i pay good money to have a good connection to play online and its destroyed by game makers that decide to add it because of all the tight people who wont part with the £$$$££s because of game developers making things better for them this has to stop and be put right

Scripter666

in reply to Scripter666

Scripter666 wrote:

na its far from good mate i pay good money to have a good connection to play online and its destroyed by game makers that decide to add it because of all the tight people who wont part with the £$$$££s because of game developers making things better for them this has to stop and be put right

Actually you pay whatever you pay to have EXACTLY the same connection quality as everyone else (discounting whatever traffic routing/management your own isp employs) . what you pay extra for is bandwidth which unless you're host isn't really something that matters for online gaming.

also the game is not out yet, At the moment all you are being matched with is a very very small pool of players who have the game spread all over the world., and as such obviously at times connections are not going to be perfect.

Wait till after the offical launch on the 13th when theres actually millions online not a few thousand.

Maccabi Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Way to set them staight Maccabi. I explained the same thing about a small pool of players for matchmking in another thread yesterday. The mods should lock these threads until after release day. Its fine for these players to play the game early but they should know not to expect the best online experience through matchmaking until it has been released to the masses.

blb128

in reply to Maccabi

I pay for a very fast fibre optic connection which has speeds of 80mb download and 20 mb upload

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2300581378.png>

i always act as host so should have no problems with hitting people however i have come from black ops into black ops 2 as i hated modern warfare for the same reasons and never experience problems with games then also you say that people are miles away from me but they are all on green bars and also i have spoken with them and they are mostly from the uk link wont show but click and you will see what i mean

Scripter666

in reply to Scripter666

Scripter666 wrote:

I pay for a very fast fibre optic connection which has speeds of 80mb download and 20 mb upload

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2300581378.png>

i always act as host so should have no problems with hitting people however i have come from black ops into black ops 2 as i hated modern warfare for the same reasons and never experience problems with games then also you say that people are miles away from me but they are all on green bars and also i have spoken with them and they are mostly from the uk

no you don't have a very fast fibre optic line, you have a fibre optic line with BANDWIDTH of 80 down and 20 up

That doesn't make your line faster. It's a very popular misconception people have because isps and sites like the one you linked use the word speed. I have a as my main gaming connection a bog standard bt adsl line we both send and recieve data at basically the same speed.

But again even as host there is a very small player pool, and as host people are connecting to you.

You're on infinity right>  Theres alot of factor there that would degrage your line quality for gaming right there as host ....Using the standard bthomehub right? did you turn off the free wifi you're giving to everyone in your street? Connected via a communal cable shared with everyone else in your street, Also you're currently playing at peak time as its the weekend so bt's traffic management comes into play... i could go on here.

Nutshell fact, don't base your experiences on a tiny player pool, or some arbitrary meaningless number given miscalled "speed"  also your ping changes depending where you ping to, you obviously used a server closest to you  again this is actually meaningless/

Maccabi Level 75

in reply to Scripter666

i live in lebanon and pay 80 bucks for a 2mb down speed with a 300 ping so please dont say others arnt paying because in other countries internet is more expensiveSmiley Happy

banadura

in reply to Scripter666

In reply to this the new system for matchmaking is via the amount of ping per second from your device to the treyarch server. This is an experimental matchmaking system so it may not be perfect but the result should be you playing with players of a similar connection.

katamariskill

in reply to katamariskill

katamariskill wrote:

In reply to this the new system for matchmaking is via the amount of ping per second from your device to the treyarch server. This is an experimental matchmaking system so it may not be perfect but the result should be you playing with players of a similar connection.

Exact details of how matchmaking done is behind the curtian stuff, but its not experimental nor is it exactly as you described.

With the greatest of respect in areas such as matchmaking/*generic term of lag comp. Unless you are 100% certian of something it's best not to post something as "fact" people pick up on these typoes of threads and the whole messy cycle of misinformation starts all over again.

Maccabi Level 75

Studios