Lag compensation problem - frustrating, I can't be that bad!

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Bolgna, they still get through.

BKBLAZER

I have also experienced this, but it seems to happen when the lobby you are in has a small number of players, or a group has just left.  Then it seems to struggle for a moment to find a game, or re-establish things and then, beep, your auto-injected into a completely different lobby with different maps.  I play on PS3 but it has happened more lately, and I can't remember it ever happing before the last patch. It only beeps once when I noticed it, but that could be a PS3 thing.  When this happens we get out before the game starts, because from our experience it means that we will usually get a bad lag comp handed to us.

Jake02

Based on your experience; is there a way to predict who will be most affected by lag comp or is it simply a case of everyone will get a turn sooner or later?

I also think the issue is made worse by the very poor matchmaking which muddies the water and players actively making their connections worse to try to improve their gaming experience.

SeraphOne

ANY one tryed the bullet register count ? .  at the begining of a round fire a bullet and see if it registers at the same rate of fire .

this shows if you are in a state of lag to the host server.

i have found that it only takes 1 poor signal in a lobby to mess the hosts game up to unplayerable.

so my gripe is why do fokes with 1 or 2 bars stay in a lobbie as it engauges the lag comp shit which in my eyes needs to be nerfed .

pay for a decent broadband connection as p2p games need perfect lines for no lag.

second gripe matchmaking ...lol .. bin it ! it dont work . its been said before but revert back to ping based searching.

trickynicky

You can save your ammo, the weapon cocking animation at the start shows it up, just watch how long that takes

Mahburg1
Highlighted

If you're playing on Drone, try to go through the automated doors. If I'm getting bad synching, I'll run into those doors before they fully open

yaboria

I think I've seen a common factor in all these threads - those suffering all have high upload speeds. I have fast down, but my upload is very ordinary. My game runs pretty damn well to be honest.

Bielsalmighty

I recently upgraded to fibre. On DSL my bandwidth in the options menu was around 700-800kb, now its about 2000kb or so and the game doesnt play as well as it used to.

I don't get host but when the game starts I press the back button to see the scoreboard and it looks like I'm first to connect to the host.

Is the game using my bandwidth for theatre in some way??

gary_mico

Honestly, the game uses a pathetic amount of bandwidth. Even dial-up would be comfortable with it. I'm on Fibre too, but out of interest what is your upload speed now, and what was it on your old line?

Bielsalmighty

My old connection on DSL was 8mb down 1mb up.

Now on fibre its 38mb down and 2mb up

gary_mico

Studios