Lag Compensation? Maybe it's something else entirely. Read on.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

This could very well be true. Many have posted how AA randomly decides to spin you around 180* one game and the next it drags your gun off the target

Ghamorra Level 75

It also has a lot to do with the hitbox not matching the avatar. Sometimes you'll get a hitmarker off target, and sometimes you'll fire right into them and get nothing. This can really throw the aim assist off too.

So the real question is, does the game purposely give some players better aim assist, or is it all accidental? Only the devs know that.

SanAndreasPsych1

Synch issues with the Hitboxes, are the root cause of many complaints imho <something I have raised before>.

Interestingly they will be most noticeable with players moving across the screen one moving towards or directly away from you wont show up the problem <except perhaps needing more rounds to kill due to a smaller hitbox as they run away.

When moving across your line of sight then you will definitely notice this needing to aim well ahead <or even behind> to get a kill.

I can only assume this is because the Player characters are generated locally on your XBOX while the Hit box data is generated directly from the raw data from the host, this would also explain why throttling upload speed gives a host such adavantage as he is delaying when that data is recieved by the others in the lobby, breaking the synch.

Either way it is out of control now imho, I am playing far less now and broke out Crysis 3 yesterday, will see what the connectivity is like with MP on that over the weekend.

Mahburg1

If you are saying after a while the game GAVE you a handicap then you also must be wearing a tinfoil helmet becuase those things dont happen.

If that were the case EVERYONE would have been given the artificial handicap at that point.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Not just me, my whole team.  Everyone I play with is a 2.5+ KD 500+ SPM player.  We know when something isn't right.  When a lobby full of people without thumbs almost wins, or just makes it painful for us. 

You don't understand what kind of money they are bringing in if this really is the case; the handicap system.  They are making it so noobs no longer go 0-20, they go 18-20 by simply pulling the trigger, or having their aim assist follow you around corners, or sensing you through walls before you are even in sight, only to have a nice surprise of an instant death when you walk out.

Just pay attention to your gaming experience, it's NEVER been this bad in any other Call of Duty.  I get more "instances" that you cannot blame on lag in one BO2 game than I have ever in any other Call of Duty combined. 

Futile570

Its been this bad ever since Black Ops 1 at least.

They still arent going to violate a policy set by Microsoft by handicapping players.

I have been playing since the 2600 game system and programming since the TRS80. They arent going to do this stuff to people.

BTW getting killed by blaming Aim Assist is lame.

The reason they adapted to your team was because they could have done something as simple as change classes.

starbuckfrack Level 72

You are not a money hungry corporation either, they are.  They will do whatever it takes to increase sales, and if that means handicapping good players so noobs have fun, they will.  Corporations are corrupt, in case you didn't know.

Futile570

They CANNOT Violate Microsoft Live Policy by handicapping players. Plian and simple.

The enemy adapted to you , its that simple.

There would be no financial gain by them making that move.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Actually, it would give terrible players a better score so they would stick around and buy the DLC's.

Hypothetically, it could be profitable... If kept a secret.

SanAndreasPsych1

Yea right, we all know snipers are already handicaped with a hit area at least a foot on either side.

MTZombieDefense

Studios